Administrative Assistant, Cage Ops - San Manuel Casino
Administrative Assistant, Cage Ops
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
May 14, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Training Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a broad range of administrative duties including preparing correspondence, maintaining filing system, answering phones, and distributing mail. The Administrative Assistant shall perform duties in a specialized and confidential manner supporting the Cage Operations Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and prepares correspondence including memorandums, agendas, reports, and forms.
- Creates and maintains management filing systems in both paper and electronic forms.
- Delivers, retrieves, and distributes mail.
- Answers phones and routes to appropriate department division and/or takes messages accordingly.
- Processes payroll related functions and monitors pay check disbursement.
- Tracks and monitors employee attendance calendars.
- Conducts searches to find required information, using resources such as the internet.
- Maintains an effective workflow for the administration operation of the department.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, and phone systems.
- Uses computers for spreadsheets, database management, scanning, word processing, and other applications.
- Maintains inventory control of office supplies.
- Distributes and tracks information for all department personnel to provide general information and status of activities.
- Assigns lockers and combination locks to team members.
- Takes minutes of meetings.
- Inputs standard inventory counts of department funds.
- Special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience and/or training required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Timesaver, and Lawson.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Must be able to multi-task; have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, industry reports, and presentations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percentage.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must work well without close supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!