Senior Administrative Assistant, Education - San Manuel Casino
Senior Administrative Assistant, Education
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 31, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the specific direction of the Director of Education and/or the Education Board, the Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a broad range and scope of complex subject matter duties requiring considerable experience, skill, knowledge, discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment. Within this role, the Senior Administrative Assistant executes day-to-day administrative duties, including but not limited to calls, document handling, purchasing, in addition to coordinating logistics for events and activities. Responsibilities also include researching, planning and managing budget for the education department and preparing data that tracks and analyzes regulatory and financial reports to support the Education Department. The Senior Administrative Assistant also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs typical and customary duties of an administrative role at the senior level including call, guest and mail handling. Also responsible for document handling (producing, copying, distributing, filing and retention); purchasing; requisition, invoice, expense report processing and credit card reconciliations. Arranges travel, monitors and prepares assigned departments’ payroll by entering, tracking and ensuring that vacation and sick leave PTO is applied appropriately, in addition to managing Outlook calendars.
- Attends Education Board meetings and other functions, as directed, and prepares thorough executive summaries from meetings and events. Prepares Board books and agendas and disseminates the same.
- Researches, enters, manages, and prepares data with accuracy and extreme attention to detail; compiles, tracks, and analyzes complex statistical, financial and regulatory reports; tracks project progress; and; drafts business presentations as directed, including all supporting documents, tables, charts, spreadsheets, etc. Assists with research and drafts education department procedural documents and policy information as directed.
- Assists in researching, planning and inputting budget information for the education department and Education Board in collaboration with the other EDU staff. Tracks budgetary items and updates budgets with new data and projections. Analyzes and recommends cost reduction opportunities and ensures expenses are within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for the creation of materials to market departmental meetings, events, initiatives, etc. including, but not limited to, the production and distribution of flyers, agendas, invitations, and social media posts. Manages social media content for Education Department via internal and external platforms. Interacts with internal and external business associates, tribal leaders, dignitaries and inter-agency and political contacts with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Assists EDU staff in coordinating hosted functions on behalf of education department, including facility reservations, travel arrangements, catering and meeting support set-up, cost tracking, participant communication and meeting attendance, materials production and distribution.
- Prepares, uploads and monitors consultant, vendor and agency agreements through the legal contracts management and procurement programs in collaboration with other EDU staff.
- Independently answers general inquiries about the department; researches as necessary in order to assist Department administrator to prepare responses for complex inquiries. Drafts and formats correspondence for education department administrator’s review based on established departmental or organizational practices. Assists with other clerical, administrative and support functions as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar role required.
Must be able to type 40 wpm.
Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, tactfulness and maturity.
Must demonstrate the ability to keep sensitive and privileged information confidential and secure.
Working knowledge of office equipment, such as a fax machine, copy machine, calculator and a personal computer.
Strong computer skills, with comprehension of and a high level of experience using appropriate software packages, including but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, as well as the ability to quickly learn other software, such as Fusion, DocuSign, SharePoint, SmartSheet, SecureShare, Workday, etc.
Ability to coordinate several tasks at once and set priorities.
Must be a self-starter with good time management skills and a desire to work collaboratively across the department and with organizational sectors.
Must have excellent written and communication skills.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!