Director of Marketing - Santa Clara Development Corporation
60050 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director of Marketing
Santa Clara Development Corporation
Espanola, New Mexico 87532
Apr 29, 2021
May 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Director of Marketing is responsible for providing high visibility leadership and Marketing direction to the organization and its entities. Provide comprehensive guidance and direction to achieve the organization’s objectives and goals for short-term and long-term strategic plans through design, coordination, maintenance, development and execution of the Santa Clara Development Corporation’s overall marketing plans as they pertain to the Santa Claran Resort, Black Mesa Retail Enterprises, Black Mesa Golf Course, and Kha’P’o Construction Services as well as development of new market strategies and brand identity/loyalty while making a maximum utilization of established budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate media buys as needed, develop materials secure bids for logo merchandise.
- Work with each entity to establish appropriate marketing plans and budgets and ensuring the execution meets all short term and long-term goals.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings.
- Submits recommendations for special events and marketing programs to the CEO.
- Direct promotions, marketing, events, advertising and PR for all SCDC activities.
- Ensure effective recruitment, hiring, training, recognition, coaching, terminations and other personnel related matters are being handled appropriately throughout the department.
- Manage oversight of communication materials to include newsletters, billboards, radio, TV, print, social networking, newspaper, magazines, website and all in-house ads.
- Establish and maintain correct and consistent application of company logos, graphics and written content to meet company branding standards for all entities.
- Manage oversight of all databases for individual entity and multiple entity initiatives. Oversee the development and implementation of direct marketing campaigns to raise the levels of customer acquisition, retention and cross/up selling.
- Manage oversight of Benefit and Reward Programs. Monitor competition and cross industry loyalty program best practices to ensure SCR remains Best–In-Class.
- Manage oversight of Media/PR initiatives and relationships.
- Confers with CEO, to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives, resulting from current status and conditions.
- Ensures the proper preparation and execution of all plans by conferring with each entity and appropriate departments.
- Effectively communicate to staff property wide/company-wide promotions, programs and events.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guests, team members, vendors and as needed represent SCDC with local groups, media, and business community and trade organizations.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO.
Directly supervises subordinate supervisors. Indirectly supervises the activities of all employees in the Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of Five to Seven years’ experience in Marketing, Sales or Advertising, with Progressive Supervisory experience.
- Casino experience is required.
- Experienced in Konami Synkros System.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of advanced marketing principles and be capable of applying same to various special projects and player development events.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume. You will be redirected to our Career page, where you must also complete our Company Employment Application. You may use the Email Employer button to submit a resume/cover letter.
Santa Clara Development Corporation
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
460 N. Riverside Drive
Espanola, NM 87532
Web Site: http://www.santaclaran.com
The Santa Clara Development Corporation boasts the largest four-star hotel in a 30 mile radius, a beautiful Casino, multiple Food and Beverage venues, the Black Mesa Golf Course, Puye Cliff Dwellings, and a Puye Cliff’s Welcome Center.
Our mission is to provide the most fulfilling team member employment and guest entertainment experience in New Mexico.
The Santa Claran Hotel Casino is located in the heart of Espanola in Northern New Mexico just 30 miles north of Santa Fe. The facility features a 4-Star Hotel and a Casino offering 700 slot machines and a variety of table games.
The property also offers a 24 lane bowling facility and an award winning 18-hole golf course. Food and beverage venues include the Grille, Center Bar & the Java Lounge, two C-Stores, a Puye Cliffs Welcome Center and Grill. We also offer extensive tours at our historical ancestral Puye Cliffs.
Employees enjoy the benefits of a vested 401K program, PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Employee events, Employee discounts and free employee meals.