Director of Finance - Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
Director of Finance
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
Miami, Oklahoma 74355
Mar 25, 2021
Apr 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for the overall financial reporting process of Buffalo Run Casino & Resort. Directs the financial policies and enforcement of the property controls and the standard operating procedures relative to the Accounting department. Directs the operational functions of the Accounting Department.
Designs and coordinates a wide variety of accounting and statistical data for financial reporting purposes. This will include forecasting, operating and payroll costs, revenue analysis, budget preparation and consideration.
- Oversees the accounting and cage departments that report to this position.
- Coordinates monthly financial statements, annual financial reports, audit activities, and other information report and requests; ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Establishes and maintains that the Accounting Department complies with internal controls, standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Ensures assigned departments are producing accurate and timely reports and information.
- Provides direction and assistance to the Leadership regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, implementation of new practices and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Maintains current knowledge of and implements change based on established policies and procedures, federal policies and directives, and current accounting practices, which directly or indirectly impact the Enterprise Accounting Records.
- Maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organizations goals and objectives; and evaluates Accounting department team members.
- Establishes and implements short and long range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Keeps Chief Executive Officer apprised of significant variances to revenue and cost projections.
- Oversees the return on investment for projects and their expenditures.
- Oversees the preparation of daily revenue and other financial reports and their comparison against budget and forecast projections and previous year’s results.
- Ensures taxes and regulatory documents are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates with outside CPA firm and participates in the annual audit plan of the Company.
- Directs the formulation, compilation, and presentation of the operating and capital budgets for the Company.
- Oversees safeguarding of assets of the Company.
- Focus on monthly accounting statement line item overage and submit monthly forecast on a timely manner and conduct monthly department reviews.
- Participates in monthly Statement review meeting and recommends at least two saving ideas for the Accounting Department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or associate of related field from an accredited college or university
- 8 years experience in an accounting, finance or related field including; five years in a controller, director, or equivalent capacity within a casino or resort accounting department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and tribal financial reporting regulations and requirements.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership characteristics and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/ or accounting applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and /or projections.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of fiscal controls related to safeguarding of assets.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and training employees to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of current changes and /or developments in federal, state, local accounting laws, and gaming policies and procedures.
- A proven record of commitment and professionalism in meeting the challenges and pressures of a 24 hour, 7-day operation.
- Integrity as proven through sound business ethics.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment, and random drug screening
Requires strong problem solving, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills, and excellent communication skills. Position involves prolonged sitting, standing or walking, stooping or bending, lifting, or carrying up to 30 pounds on a daily basis. Work is performed in an office or casino environment with varying levels of lighting, air quality, noise, and / or temperature.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button and your Casino Careers resume will be submitted. You will also be redirected to our online Employment Application which must be completed/submitted to be considered.
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort
1000 Buffalo Run Boulevard
P.O. Box 231
Miami, OK 74355-0231
Web Site: https://buffalorun.com
Buffalo Run Casino & Resort is a Native American gaming facility, located in Northeast Oklahoma and owned by the Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma. The 70,000 square foot casino features over 1200 gaming machines for the latest in electronic gaming and 12 Table Games. Guests can dine in the Coleman House, offering a wide variety of lunch and dinner entrees.
Located on the grounds of the Buffalo Run Casino & Resort, the Buffalo Run Hotel consists of 98 rooms to including Deluxe Suites, Standard Suites, King and Double Queen.