Accounting Manager - Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel / Leelanau Sands
59888 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel / Leelanau Sands
Peshawbestown, Michigan 49682
Mar 25, 2021
Apr 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Accounting Manager ensures that the departments work together in an orderly and efficient manner for timely completion of daily audits of revenues, postings to the general ledger and month end reconciliations. Assists Controller in preparing accurate and timely financial statements on a monthly and annual basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Must have extensive knowledge and ability to perform all aspects and functions of the Accounting and Revenue Audit departments.
- Oversee the daily work of the Revenue Audit department and ensure the timely and accurate completion of the daily casinos, restaurants, hotels and any other assigned audits of revenue transactions.
- Assist and oversee the daily preparation of gaming reports and any other requested reports for the operations.
- Support and address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including reconciliations, financial reporting, year-end audit, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for diligent review of the TICS for compliance with all requirements in regards to Accounting and Revenue Audit.
- Responsible to develop and maintain accounting processes and procedures to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant financial accounting and audit practices
- Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of financial controls.
- Responsible for the completion of the research, explanation, documentation and reporting of the variances between the theoretical hold and actual hold for Slots, Table Games and Bingo to the gaming and regulatory departments.
- Responsible for the review of the gaming machine statistical reports on a monthly basis with research, explanation and documentation of variances.
- Responsible for the review, maintenance and issuance of the Daily Operating Report, Sportsbook and Online Gaming Report, and the Cash Accountability Report.
- Oversee the daily work of the Accounting department and ensure timely and accurate completion of daily entries of the enterprise activity to the general ledger.
- Review new general ledger accounts with Controller and create approved general ledger accounts in Accounting system.
- Monthly review of general ledger account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for the Enterprise Cash on Hand, Walking Chip and TITO Liability reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for Tribal Tax calculations and submission of check request/documentation for payments.
- Responsible for Fuel/Tobacco Tax calculations and submission of check request/documentation for payments.
- Understand and be able to process and transmit all tax payments and forms including but not limited to W2-G, 1042-S, Sales, Usage and Assessment and Unclaimed Property on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance of 1099Pro program for reporting and tracking of W2-G information.
- Must be able to solve customer problems pertaining to W2-G and 1099 information.
- Work with internal and external auditors on a daily, monthly and annual basis for audit reviews of compliance and to verify financial information.
- Works closely with other enterprise departments to acquire essential data necessary for the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements.
- Participate in Promotions, Title 31 and any other assigned committee member meetings.
- Actively attend, participate and represent the Accounting department in meetings, trainings and informational meetings on new software, processes and/or internal control.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Direct Supervision of Accounting Supervisors and indirect supervision of Accounting and Revenue Audit employees. Responsible for hiring, evaluations and termination of staff.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must have a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting and 5-6 years of gaming accounting experience or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Requires knowledge of accounting principles with focus on revenue audit and casino operations.
- Requires minimum of 2 years prior managerial/supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver License and be insurable by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
Annual Salary: Negotiable DOE
Relocation Assistance Available
Major Medical, Dental & Prescription, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) Plan, PTO & Holidays, Short & Long-Term Disability Coverage, AFLAC Accident & Critical Illness Coverage
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on Apply Now to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be directed to our Career Page where you must complete our Employment Application to be considered. You may also submit a cover letter via the Email Employer form.
Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos
2331 NW Bayshore Drive
Peshawbestown, MI 49682
Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos, located in the northwest corner of Michigan's lower peninsula, include Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel, Leelanau Sands Casino and Lodge, and Grand Traverse Resort and Spa which are all owned and operated by the federally-recognized Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel, open 24/7, features 1,200 slot machines and 40 table games (Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, and Poker) on a 56,000 square-foot gaming floor, along with three restaurants, six bars, gift shop, private high limit room, and more. The 6-story hotel offers 137 elegantly-appointed rooms, suites, and hospitality parlors, along with a 4,000 square-foot ballroom, 550 square-foot conference room, fitness center and cultural display.
Leelanau Sands Casino and Lodge offers 450 slot machines and 8 table games including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, and 3-Card Poker, an 88-seat Bingo Hall, 1,000-seat Showroom for concerts and conferences, restaurant, and gift shop. The 50+ room hotel is steps away, welcoming guests with woodland and bayside views of Grand Traverse Bay.
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is one of the Midwest’s finest year-round resorts featuring nearly 600 guest rooms and 54 holes of championship golf including courses designed by Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player. The 900-acre property offers amenities including the award-winning Spa Grand Traverse, five restaurants (most notably the acclaimed Aerie Restaurant & Lounge), over 85,000 square feet of meeting space, a shopping center, and a 100,000-square-foot Health Club.