Bartender - Restaurant Operations - San Manuel Casino
Bartender - Restaurant Operations
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 23, 2021
Aug 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bartender is responsible for providing pleasant, efficient alcohol beverage service to guests, Cocktail Servers and Food Servers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Communicates with guests in a cordial and approachable manner with a smile, at all times. Expedites large quantities of drinks efficiently and accurately during club hours, in addition to serving multiple guests at the same time. Keeps bar top clean, ashtrays emptied, picks-up all trash and empties beer bottles. Prepares fresh fruit garnishes, juices, syrups and mixers from scratch, stocks bar at start of shift, and breaks down and cleans bar at close. Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30. All beverage orders are “cash and carry” at the bars and on the Casino floor. (No tabs run.) Ensures payment collection for each drink or round of drinks when ordered. Only exception being inside restaurants, where alcohol purchases are added to the guest’s check, and the total is paid at end of meal. (In this circumstance, it is the Bartenders responsibility to ensure all beverages have been added to the proper guest check.)
2. Responsible for a $2,000.00 bank to receive payment from and give change to guests and Cocktail/Beverage Servers. Verifies alcohol inventory in the liquor cabinet is accurate at start of shift, and properly requests replacement alcohol bottles, through Bar Requisition Sheet at end of shift. Responsible for any and all monies owed and paying all outstanding debts, as well as void orders. Assists with special projects as directed by the Supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests. Ensures proper set-up of bar tops including: matches, ashtrays, beverage napkins, stir sticks, sword pics; garnish trays with ice, and garnishes. Reports any problems or concerns to immediate supervisor.
3. Maintains knowledge of all drinks, recipes and beer items available, the price of each, and how drinks are garnished.
4. Responsible for taking scheduled breaks on time and in accordance with co-workers. Responsible to cash tips in, on their own time (during breaks or after clocking out). Always reports to work in a clean uniform. No eating, smoking, or chewing gum on the floor or behind the bar.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months’ related experience and/or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!