Revenue Audit Clerk - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Revenue Audit Clerk
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Mar 23, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The primary responsibility of the gaming auditor is to verify and document the accuracy of daily revenue, drop and payout information for each gaming department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures; also, with Arkansas EGS regulations. Is responsible process to perform all gaming compliance and audit functions for all of the gaming operations. Will perform the audit steps ensuring compliance with EGS policies and procedures, gaming regulations and Internal Control requirements for their responsible process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain EGS Compliance for all gaming areas.
- Prepare and complete daily audits.
- Prepare and research exceptions and anomalies reports for non-compliance issues.
- Compile and maintain historical data.
- Communicate problems or discrepancies to management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Generate summary reports.
- Accounting records and practices adhere to OJC accounting policies and remain standard across all business units.
- Promote, develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with internal customers, including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- To promote an effective relationship between the department, the business unit, other corporate departments and to ensure effective operational processes.
- Audits the issue, retention, and transmittal of various regulatory forms such as W2G's. Suspicious Activities Reports (SARC) and Currency Transactions Reports (CTR)
- Responsible for organization and filing of documents to be scanned.
- Must have the ability to prioritize based on urgency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work through high volume and stressful time periods.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports and completing special projects
- Protect company integrity by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Regular punctual attendance
- Ability to work required overtime
- Other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong work ethics
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Ability to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business demands which may include nights, weekends or early mornings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- 2 years accounting experience
- 2 years audit experience preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift up to 20lbs, climb or balance and to stoop and or kneel
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Occasionally work in a smoking environment
Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting, driver's and credit check.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?