Audit Services Advisor - Spirit Mountain Casino
Audit Services Advisor
Spirit Mountain Casino
Grand Ronde, Oregon 97347
Mar 22, 2021
Apr 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the leadership of the Director of Audit Services, the Audit Services Advisor conducts internal control, compliance and operational audits, and participates in consulting and risk management activities following standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) provides objective, systematic, and professional evaluations of corporate operations and contributes to the improvement of risk management, control, and governance systems. These assurance and consulting activities are conducted under the direction of a representative Audit Committee on behalf of the Board of Directors of Spirit Mountain Gaming, Inc. (SMGI).
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position. Employee(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts operational, internal control and compliance audit projects in accordance with established standards
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues and recommendations, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing relevant information, evaluating evidence, documenting business processes and procedures and completing audit documentation
- Reviews and conducts analyses of business processes
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data to determine efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Participates in consulting and advisory services for management
- Maintains professional ethical standards
- Provides assistance with special projects and/or confidential investigations as assigned
- Participates in the department’s role for evaluating the organization’s governance, risk management and control processes.
- Conforms with acceptable quality control standards for individual audit projects
- Participates in the CAS Quality Assurance and Improvement Program.
- Conducts follow-up to monitor disposition of audit results communicated to management
- Maintains effective working relationships with management and staff.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business/Finance related field and two years internal audit/accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that meets The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
- Proven experience in oral and written communications, with special emphasis on interviewing and business report writing skills
- Excellence in cultivating positive interpersonal relationships
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
Required Skill in
- Applying internal audit and/or accounting standards, procedures and techniques
- Employing broad knowledge of management principles
- Analytical procedures and abstract concepts
- Interacting with people and communicating effectively; both verbal and written
- Cultivating effective interpersonal relationships with internal and external guests
- Developing effective written communications, with emphasis on clear, concise report writing
- Microsoft Office Professional (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
Awareness and Basic Knowledge of
- Internal Audit Standards, theory and methodology
- Financial Accounting and Finance
- Managerial Accounting
- Regulatory, Legal and Economics
- Ethics and Fraud
- Information Technology
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Operational and Management Research Tools
- Project Management
- Business Process Analysis
- Balance Scorecard
- Risk and Control Assessment Techniques
- Data Collection and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Problem Solving Tools and Techniques
- Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques
- Regulations and standards governing internal audit activities
- Gaming industry, related regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards
- Accounting principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP)
- Methods for developing and administering budgets
- Management and supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment with occasional exposure to tobacco smoke and noise common to gaming environments.
- Work is subject to frequent sitting, intermittent standing and walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer and standard office equipment.
Spirit Mountain Standards
- Delivers Spirit Mountain’s Spirit of Excellence by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI’s Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Learns, comprehends, and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Regulation Chapter 5 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Annual Salary: $47,859.53 – $61,643.65
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Spirit Mountain Casino
27100 SW Salmon River Hwy
Grand Ronde, OR 97347
Spirit Mountain Casino located near Oregon’s “Coast Range,” near the beautiful Willamette Valley and Oregon’s “Wine Country, is a short drive from Portland, Salem, and McMinnville. The Las Vegas-style 90,000 sq. ft. casino offers 1,800 slot machines and 24 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Pai Gow, Let It Ride, and Three Card Poker, as well as a Poker Room, Bingo and Keno.
Guests can stay at the Lodge’s 254 guest rooms and enjoy five food & beverage venues, which include the Cedar Plank Buffet, Legends Restaurant, Summit View Lounge, Coyote Expresso Bar, and the Mountain View Sports Bar.
In addition to live entertainment in the 1,600 seat Event Center, and special events, there is 17,500 square feet of meeting and banquet space, an arcade, gift shop, convenience store and free RV Parking.
Spirit Mountain Casino is proud to offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Coverage*
Other Insurance Plans such as Company provided Life Insurance, and voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Group Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, and Flexible Spending Account*
Paid Time Off*
401k with a 6% dollar for dollar Company match**
Employee Discount Program
*Full Time Employees
**After 1 year of service