Senior Internal Auditor - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Senior Internal Auditor
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95961
Mar 19, 2021
May 20, 2021
Type of Position:
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for managing, performing, and/or assisting in the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits, and special projects. When necessary the incumbent in this position will lead a team of auditors in performing audit activities.
This individual regularly interacts with all levels of management to discuss potentially contentious issues and recommend improved business practices. This individual is responsible for the overall development and progression of the Internal Audit Program.
These functions are intended as a general illustriation of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls.
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls.
- Annually evaluates and updates the Internal Audit Program to include the Internal Audit Plan, Internal Audit Procedures, and any other program updates.
- Manages the process for creating audit programs for new company/property initiatives.
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls.
- Assist in providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets.
- Assist in assuring audit practices conform to department and professional standards.
- Contribute to a strong relationship with property mid-management and staff.
- Lead or facilitate meetings with guidance from more senior staff to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management.
- Assist in performing a wide variety of ad hoc special projects that may include collaboration with mid-level corporate or property management.
- Assist in the training and development of new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis. This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent and previous experience with auditing, and regulatory tax requirements required. Prior experience in hospitality or gaming preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Investigative procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Extreme confidentiality.
- Accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and guests.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Complete standard company forms and reports.
- Manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment.
- Work independently.
- Travel some of the time.
- Analyze and think creatively about the operations of the entire Sacramento location.
The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.
Competitive comprehensive benefit package, multiple options for medical, dental, and vision. We offer 401k match and other discounts and perks. Great company culture!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.