Vice President of Finance - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Vice President of Finance
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95961
Mar 19, 2021
May 20, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Vice President of Finance, who reports to the President, is responsible for all accounting, finance functions, and directing property operations by working within the overall company strategic planning and policy framework; directs operating entities for successful implementation of corporate business policies, goals and objectives.
The incumbent is also required to ensure the achievement of gaming commission reporting and audit requirements; directs the entire Finance Department in order to assure the safeguarding of company assets; compliance with company policy and procedures; provides input and support in the conceptual, strategic and policy formulation functions of the company; directs and coordinates organizational operating activities to achieve optimum operating efficiencies and economies, and maximize company revenues and profits.
These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Ensures delivery of superior internal and external guest service with every interaction including the Hard Rock Competencies of Business Results, Team member Engagement and Guest Engagement for this position and responsible departments.
- Assumes management responsibility for day-to-day operations and financial activities; successfully directs departments to fulfill regulatory compliance.
- Establishes department standard, guidelines and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Develops reporting and monitoring systems to accomplish objectives, maintains control of assets and fulfills regulatory compliance.
- Prepares operating budgets, monitor budgetary compliance and take action on budget variance items.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and directs management and other staff in order to ensure team members receive adequate guidance to achieve established department objectives; responsible for morale of department and its team members through quality supervision and training.
- Formulates operating policies and procedures for responsible departments. Coordinates and interfaces with Gaming regulators for company and audits and other regulatory issues; oversees filing and reporting requirements imposed by the Gaming Commission.
- Designs, develops, implements, monitors, and maintains gaming related management and accounting systems to ensure that systems are consistent with accounting and gaming requirements. Involvement in various other projects as assigned.
- Provides recommendations to management on issues pertaining to gaming audit, accounting, and regulations in order to provide informational and analytical support for management decision-making.
- Keeps abreast of federal, state, and local laws to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Performs special audits to provide high level of expertise on matters of a complex or sensitive nature.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
This knowledge and these abilities is typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or closely related field, plus 7 to 10 years accounting and/or finance experience working for a Gaming company in a senior level management role required. Experience working on hospitality development projects preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Operations, services and activities of a comprehensive finance and accounting program.
- Advanced principles and practices of financial and accounting management, program development and administration.
- Gaming/lottery industry, including the role as it related to various principles and practices of a capital and operational budget.
- Principles and practices and their application to a wide variety of financial transactions.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Manage and direct a comprehensive finance program.
- Develop and administer goals, objectives and procedures.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the organization in the short and long term.
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical and effective motivator.
- Forecast changes in the economic climate and/or profits and react accordingly.
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate team members.
- Participate in the development and administration of goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Operate various types of office equipment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.
Relocation Assistance Available
Competitive comprehensive benefit package, multiple options for medical, dental, and vision. We offer 401k match and other discounts and perks. Great company culture!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento At Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.