Retail Merchandise Specialist - San Manuel Casino
Retail Merchandise Specialist
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 19, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
The Retail Merchandise Specialist oversees the execution and maintenance of all visual merchandising standards and processes across the San Manuel Enterprise. The Retail Merchandise Specialist is responsible for creating visually appealing locations by using their creativity to enhance the aesthetic appeal of window displays, walkways, fixture placement, counters and in-store displays. The Retail Merchandise Specialist utilizes a detailed eye and robust styling skills to present a visually appealing environment. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for executing and maintaining visual and creative standards in each location (to provide a visually appealing environment). Responsible for all window presentations, mannequins, seasonal updates in all retail and spa locations; utilizing strong attention to detail for styling, composition, product and lighting. Continually analyzes and challenges merchandising approach to ensure visual excellence.
2. Responsible for implementation of all visual merchandising applications, creative directives, collateral and capital. Assists with planning and execution of workload on the following: signage, visual merchandising execution, special event coordination and new store openings.
3. In alignment with Visual Merchandising Supervisor, utilizes creative and visual merchandising initiatives and marketing/branding strategies to convey intent and vision set by San Manuel Enterprise.
4. Works collaboratively with leadership to plan, implement and participate in structured training and development programs for respective locations; meeting needs of enterprise, team development and enhancement of visual acumen.
5. Identifies additional locations in specific visual merchandising opportunities to support increased sales and enhance guest experience. Effectively communicates with Visual and Store operations teams to contribute new recommendations that improve merchandising effectiveness.
6. Serves as Safety representative for all retail and spa locations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of retail experience required.
- 1 year of retail visual experience required; specialty retail areas preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and basic email and internet search functions preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with cross-functional teams and individuals.
- Strong aesthetic and merchandising.
- Visual merchandising and new store set up experience preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!