Program Manager - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 19, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Community & Government Relations
The Program Manager is a member San Manuel’s senior leadership team, and is responsible for assisting in implementing the overall organizational strategy and strategic priorities of the Tribe, especially those governed by the departments and individuals overseeing the management of the Tribe’s Cultural and Natural Resources.
The Program Managers role primarily serves the Vice President of Cultural & Natural Resources and other stakeholders, as a strategic resource for key leadership and cross-functional departments. This is a hands-on role with a focus on tactical execution with a high level of polish, decorum, and self-directed behavior. The Program Manager works to align the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values, as well as the philosophy and goals of the Cultural & Natural Resources team with high quality execution across the Tribal government.
The Program Manager will foster inclusive and productive relationships between the VP of Cultural & Natural Resources and other staff, facilitate timely decision-making, and ensure a productive balance between short-term execution and long-term priorities. The Program Manager also serves as principal liaison for the VP of Cultural & Natural Resources and oversees the preparation and follow-up of departmental and committee meeting-based materials and action items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supports the VP of Cultural & Natural Resources by managing strategic initiatives and project/program management, serving as a day-to-day interface with the leadership teams, and ensuring efficient flow of information, effective decision-making, timely follow-up, and high-quality execution.
2. Generates internal and external communications for the VP of Cultural & Natural Resources, manages and ensures appropriate and timely follow up on requests for information or action. This includes: (a) scheduling and developing agendas for executive meetings; taking detailed notes during meetings and; tracking next steps and follow-ups to completion and (b) gathering and reviewing information to create high quality, timely presentations and decision centered materials for executive meetings, meetings with the Tribal community or other audiences (internal and external).
3. Creates or contributes to strengthening internal systems/processes to ensure quality, consistency, and mission alignment of internal/external initiatives, decision-making, and communications.
4. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, including the Tribal government’s leadership teams, initiative leaders, and other key team members, while contributing to cross-team alignment and advocating for collaboration.
5. Performs other duties to support the efficient operation of the department, including but not limited to, budget management, coordination of training events, and travel planning as assigned by the VP of Cultural & Natural Resources.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred. Certified experience in coursework relevant to the position will also be considered.
Minimum of five years (5) of experience in the field of Project Management is strongly preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of relevant and progressive experience directly related to the duties of the position, including the ability to conduct independent research and create effective communications and presentations, is required.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, from initial visioning to delivery, with little supervision, is required.
Demonstrated experience working in confidential and quickly evolving spaces, while at the same time contributing to a culture of transparency, honesty, and accountability is required.
Experience working for or with Tribal governments and indigenous communities is desired.
Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment, support the SMBMI strategic priorities from inception to completion, and contribute to professional quality communication material (decks, memos, etc.) appropriate for executive leadership and Business Council/General Council audiences.
Reputation for exceptional judgement, emotional intelligence, personal integrity, and results-driven performance is required.
Must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
High level of proficiency in PC applications, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office (Word; Outlook; Excel; PowerPoint) is required.
Experience with Workday, SAS, Lawson, and/or Conga is preferred.
Experience working with MS Project and/or comparable project management tools.
Willingness to attend training that will augment the skills needed to perform the work detailed above is required.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
Project Management Profession (PMP) certification is preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!