Bar Back - Restaurant Operations - San Manuel Casino
Bar Back - Restaurant Operations
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 19, 2021
Oct 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bar Back provides assistance to Bartenders which enables them to focus on providing premier guest service to patrons. By partnering with team members in operational processes, and helping to greet patrons and keep the bars clean and stocked, the Bar Back allows Bartenders and Cocktail Servers to operate more efficiently in their respective roles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Keeps the bar stations fully stocked (ice, mixes, garnishes, napkins, straws, etc.) Covers other bars when other Bar Backs are on break. Empties trash as necessary throughout the shift, and at the end of the shift. Keeps bar surfaces clean, wipes down inside of reach-ins and beer coolers to prevent condensation buildup, cleans all garnish trays at the end of each shift or as needed, wipes down all mix containers and alcohol bottles at the end of each shift. Keeps the floors clean and presentable, and ensures that all debris is collected. Prepares fruit garnishes for each shift, and assists Bartenders in mixing and preparing bulk alcohol and mix recipes for volume sale. (Concentrated juices, Sangria, Spiced Cider, etc.) Assists the Bartender in retrieving or serving beer, sodas, or bottles beverages to guests or Cocktail Servers at the Bartenders direction during volume times.
2. Assists Bartenders with greeting new guests and obtaining drink orders. May also be required to serve and collect payment for drinks.
3. Bar Back Safety:
Washes hands after cleaning ashtrays, handling dirty dishes, or emptying the trash.
Ensures stations are as clean as possible for next shift. Maintains constant safety awareness: asks for help when needed; lifts with legs, not back; ensures path is clear when transporting loads; wears slip-resistant, rubber sole shoes. Determines if loads are too heavy and requests assistance from supervisor. Exercises extreme care and takes time when working around heated objects (cappuccino machines, coffee urns). Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns. Maintains cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months related experience or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler?s Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, longtime San Manuel employees still love their jobs
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!