Chief Executive Officer - Sky City Casino Hotel
Chief Executive Officer
Sky City Casino Hotel
Acoma, New Mexico 87034
Mar 18, 2021
Apr 19, 2021
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for creating, planning, implementing and integrating the strategic direction of Acoma Business Holdings, LLC., Sky City Casino, Sky City Travel Center, Sky Way Travel Center, Sky City Cultural Center, Sky City Hotel/RV Park, Huwaka Restaurant, Acoma Land and Cattle, Sky City Communications, and Acoma Game and Fish entities in accordance with Acoma Business Board’s (ABB) strategic plan, current year operating/business plan and annual budgets as approved by the board.
Confers with the ABB on all significant decisions including major financing, acquisitions, dispositions, budgets, and capital expenditures. The CEO sets the "tone" for company directors and operational managers to foster ethical and responsible decision making, appropriate management and best-in-class corporate business/governance practices. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the ABE policies and procedures. The CEO is expected to serve as a public relations ambassador for all Acoma Business Enterprises/Acoma Business Holdings, LLC. and must be courteous and helpful to customers/team members at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the vision, planning and steady growth of all Enterprises and future projects to ensure efficient, successful and profitable operations of ABE and ABH businesses.
- Point of contact when communicating with stockholders, government entities and the general public.
- Leads the development of the organizations long and short term strategies.
- Ensures the development of an annual operation plan that includes operational requirements, organizational structure, staffing and budgets that support each enterprise.
- Reviews recommended strategic plan of the Executive Management Team (EMT) for presentation to and approval by the ABB.
- Implements goals through enterprises managers and supervisors and ensures all levels of the organization understand their role in achieving corporate, enterprise, and departmental goals.
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements to ensure budgetary and financial objectives are reached.
- Responsible for continued growth and profitability of Acoma Business Enterprises and Acoma Business Holdings, LLC.
- Recommends operating plan to the ABB for review and implements with the Boards approval.
- Attendance at and presentation to the Acoma Tribal Council and general public meetings is required.
- Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure.
- Directs efforts in the formulation of financial programs to provide funding for new or continuing operations to maximize return on investments and to increase productive cash assets.
- Directs the efforts in maintaining and developing the company's public relations with the community and the general public. May represent the organization with Tribal entities, governmental entities, and the public.
- Provides direction and support for multi-departmental and multi-divisional organization. Responsible for the supervision of the Executive Management Team (EMT). Evaluates performance of executives using guidelines and processes established and in consistent expectations of the ABB to ensure financial and operating goals and objectives are met.
- Reviews operating results of the organization. Measures operating results against established goals to ensure financial objectives are reached.
- Provides regular updates to the ABB to ensure that responsibilities are being fully compiled and Directors are being provided with information necessary to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Develops, analyzes, and presents reports ranging from activity reports to statistical analysis reports of administration effectiveness.
- Ensures appropriate financial, procurement, and investment policies and procedures are developed, maintained and disclosed.
- Maintains open communication among and between the Acoma Gaming Commission and the National Indian Gaming Commission.
- Ensures Gaming regulations are communicated and strictly adhered to.
- Initiates and maintains communication with subordinates, team members, management, and other departments in facilitating the flow of information throughout the property.
- Assists in analyzing business proposals, prospectus, or other potential business investment opportunities.
- Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Must be socially perceptive, administer good to excellent judgement, and decision making abilities essential.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, maintain composure and be able to prevent and/or handle emergency situations.
- Must be presentable when reporting to work, wearing appropriate clean and pressed uniform when applicable. Good personal hygiene required.
Department Directors and Managers
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Minimum 15 years Executive/Senior management and experience required or equivalent combination of professional experience and educational background.
- Minimum five years Indian Gaming Management experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Marketing or Accounting/Finance or related field required.
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Finance or related field preferred.
- Must be age 21 years of age or older per Gaming Regulations.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge and Other Qualifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Acoma Gaming License.
- Skill in customer service and ability to remain calm and cheerful in stressful situations.
- Skill in maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times and performs job requirements with a Smile, Eye Contact & Greeting.
- Skill in exhibiting good to excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate complex or unwelcome information courteously and helpfully to guests, co-workers, and management.
- Skill in computer literacy. Proficiency with Advanced Microsoft Office applications required.
- Skill in grammar, spelling, writing and editing techniques.
- Skill to effectively multitask and have strong written/oral communication.
- Skill in strategic thinking and planning and ability to draw innovation and creativity from team members.
- Skill in prioritization, delegation and time management.
- Skill in leadership including ability to mentor, coach and train employees.
- Provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the development of ABE employees and internal promotions.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Enterprise.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced casino/travel center, business environment.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively with other department team members.
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, Tribal, Federal, State and local government officials and the general public.
- Ability to identify and evaluate operational/emergency situations that may arise.
- Ability to obtain and administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of First Aid basic skills and able to operate AED.
- Knowledge of general public safety and security regulations.
- Knowledge of formulating policy, program development, staff direction and development of organizational plans.
- Knowledge of general law, tribal and government law.
Working conditions will be in an interior, climate-controlled environment and may include exposure to moderate-to-heavy tobacco smoke and moderate-to-loud noise levels. Some exposure to outside weather conditions pending work assignments. The position requires working days/evenings including weekends, holidays and special event shifts. Work Schedule may vary (7/24/365).
Physical requirements include standing and walking for long periods of time and use of whole body motion and sitting for long periods of time at work station. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks requiring manual dexterity, speed and concentration. Requires the visual acuity and manual dexterity to read and write reports.
- Background Investigation ~ This position is subject to a background check through the Acoma Gaming office. Selected individuals must successfully complete and pass all requirements to qualify for position.
- Insurability ~ This position requires to have a valid driver’s license. Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment motor vehicle check and must be insured through the company insurance carrier.
- All Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening prior to beginning employment and is subject to random drug testing during employment.
- Selected applicant may be required to obtain a COVID-19 test prior to beginning employment and may be subject to further testing.
Acoma Business Enterprises is committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
Acoma Business Enterprises (ABE) has implemented an Indian Preference Policy. It is the policy of Acoma Business Enterprises to give preference to any qualified person who is an enrolled Acoma Indian Tribal Member or non-Acoma tribal member of a federally-recognized Indian Tribe, pursuant to the Acoma Gaming Commission, Regulation 26 of the Acoma Gaming Regulations, Section 26.020. The application of Indian Preference is not automatic, an applicant must request for consideration for tribal preference. Applicants must provide tribal affiliation and registered census number. ABE is dedicated to policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientations, political belief or disability
- Health Plan, including Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan with a variety of fund choices and company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-Provided Life Insurance, additional Voluntary Life Insurance, if desired
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program that provides free and confidential consultations
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Sky City Casino Hotel
Interstate 40 - Exit 102
P.O. Box 310
Acoma, NM 87034
Sky City Casino Hotel is located about 30 kilometers west of Albuquerque. The casino offers 597 slot machines and traditional table games like Blackjack, Craps, Roulette. The facility also offers a Bingo Hall.
Guests can enjoy dining options inside the casino hotel such as the Huwaka Restaurant, Huwaka Snack-bar, and the Pinon Tree Coffee Bar. Music shows and special events take place every weekend in the gambling venue amphitheater.
The 132 room hotel provides a stunning view of Mount Taylor and high-desert landscapes. It features an outdoor courtyard, seasonal heated pool and hot tub, and a fully-equipped fitness room. A gift shop sells Acoma local pottery and other local and home-made products.
Some of the major attractions in the surrounding include the Sky City Cultural Center which displays a part of the historical and cultural heritage of New Mexico. Fishing parties and tournaments take place in the Acomita Lake.