Licensed Bus Operator - San Manuel Casino
Licensed Bus Operator
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 14, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
The Licensed Bus Operator is responsible for the safe, professional and efficient transportation of internal and external guests in passenger buses. The Licensed Bus Operator provides a superior quality service experience for all passengers, keeping safety top of mind at all times. In this highly visible role, it is imperative that the Licensed Bus Operator maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance; championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for operating passenger vehicles abiding by all federal and state passenger carrier regulations. Expertly operates vehicles with extreme care and attention to detail ensuring safe passenger transportation. Exhibits exceptional display of enthusiasm for service and desire to deliver passengers to and from assigned destinations based on specific time schedules. Consistently maintains traffic and weather condition awareness to avoid seen and unseen road hazards. Responsible for identifying any in operation mechanical malfunctions to ensure safe transportation of guests. Operates ADA accessible lift. Professionally relays operational updates via radio communication, including but not limited to road hazards, unsafe traffic and environment conditions, location, load status, estimated arrival and departure times. Provides best in class, five star service to internal and external guests.
2. Strictly adheres to all Federal Department of Transportation and California State rules and regulations that govern passenger carriers. Exercises maximum regard for safety and welfare of all transported guests while operating bus. Completes federally mandated pre and post trip inspections to ensure vehicle compliance established by Department of Transportation. Conversant to ever-changing vehicle out of service criteria, set forth by North American Standard Out-Of-Service Criteria. Reports any condition of concern to management regarding vehicle issues/defects that may affect driver and passenger/guest safety. In the event of an accident, Drivers are responsible for safely removing passengers on-board bus. Abides by all rules and regulations stated in California commercial driver handbook. Responsible for reporting all accidents, vehicle damage, and passenger safety situations and concerns to appropriate parties.
3. Maintains neat and clean working environment by sweeping out vehicles, cleaning up spills, disposing of trash, and cleaning windows/mirrors for visibility.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum five (5) years commercial driving experience required, or minimum of seven (7) years equivalent combination of route delivery driver, including but not limited to, postal driving, medical transport and delivery of goods and services required.
- One (1) year working in a Transportation Department, including one (1) year of non-commercial vehicle transportation experience, plus internal commercial licensing and certification may be considered in lieu of other required experience.
- School pupil activity bus (SPAB) certificate preferred.
- Advanced vehicle operations knowledge and intermediate maintenance experience preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
- Valid California Commercial Driver’s License, Class B or higher, with a passenger endorsement preferred.
- Valid DMV Medical Certificate preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!