Cage Manager - Osage Casinos
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74127
Mar 13, 2021
Apr 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Responsible for the overall effective and efficient management of Cage Department operations which includes the responsibilities of Club Osage at the property level. Motivating the team, including canvassing of the casino floor for the purpose of meeting, greeting and welcoming guests. Providing excellence in guest service with a positive attitude. Provide leadership to assigned staff, ensuring effective internal and external communications, exercising appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or substantially related area from a four-year college or university; or five (5) years of supervisory experience within the casino gaming industry in cage/credit operations or in an equivalent area of responsibility.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Prior experience with casino credit is preferred.
- Experience with multiple gaming and non-gaming systems, such as, Konami Synkros, Casino Cash Trac, Info Genesis, V-1, Everi & other kiosk systems, Title 31 / AML / BSA systems, etc. or similar systems strongly preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- All Cage personnel.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Conducts One-on-One meetings with direct reports, soliciting input from employees on a routine basis.
- On an individual basis or in a group format, explains why, shares information, and communicates the purpose of decisions to applicable staff.
- Ensures company information provided by management is effectively communicated to assigned staff and ensures staff concerns, requests for information, and ideas for improvements are effectively relayed to management.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by presiding over scheduled meetings with the members of the departmental team as required.
- Effectively relates ideas for improvements, as well as soliciting employee input, both inside and outside the department.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines may require an irregular work schedule.
- Ensures all company funds are accounted, reconciled and reported accurately.
- Ensures Minimum Bankroll is maintained and meets regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain optimum level of cash on hand and operating funds.
- Prior experience collaborating with other departments and systems to accurately record and report daily revenues and cash balances.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues including guest service matters.
- Formal understanding of applicable laws and regulations including Title 31, BSA, AML and all applicable gaming laws.
- Multitask guest service including opening of club accounts, re-printing cards for existing rewards members, providing specific information on casino, resort property as well as general information on the Club Osage program.
- Promote Club Osage membership and opening of club accounts while displaying professional communication skills.
- Keeps a steady and pro-active business demeanor with enticement for casino guests to enroll in the Club Osage.
- Handles and resolves player inquiries, complaints, issues, problems, and concerns.
- Maintain goodwill with all guests and ensure quests are aware of events and supports execution through attendance and follow-up.
- Interact with guests on a daily basis in a positive and professional manner. Getting to know our guests and using their name at all times possible is highly encouraged.
- In conjunction with other management provides property-wide leadership role for superior external guest service.
- Able to read and input guest information into casino patron system.
- Ability to give 100% effort in the communication of the benefits and rewards of Club Osage membership using persuasion skills and motivated enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform assigned duties within a potentially high volume, fast paced environment with concurrent multiple responsibilities.
- Possess the previous experience and necessary skill set to train, develop and create opportunities for advancement their staff members.
- Ability to work weekends, nights, holidays and extended hours as needed.
- Forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and the identification of available facts. Makes decisions or draws conclusions using data and information from experience.
- Investigates, evaluates information, and makes final decisions regarding matters within the area of responsibility, guest/employee disputes and/or employee disciplinary actions in accordance with authority and ensures those decisions are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and established controls.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Responsible to greet each customer and promote outstanding guest relations.
- Oversees check cashing privileges/credit privileges within authorized levels.
- Oversees and maintains confidentiality of all company data and records.
- Works closely with other internal departments to ensure all gaming guests’ are addressed.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the department, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by department personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, Title 31, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understands and complies with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ensure cage & credit operations (as needed) are conducted in a secure, efficient and accountable manner in compliance with all applicable procedural & legal requirements, while delivering exemplary levels of customer service.
- Provides training, support and leadership direction to individuals directly reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational chart.
- Analyze and interpret trends associated with Cage & Credit operations, to maximize favorable customer service scores and optimizing operating costs.
- Requires knowledge, skills, and experience to accurately handle various forms of cash transactions.
- Ability and mathematical skills to balance a high daily volumes of currency and paperwork. Knowledge of both Class II and Class III Slots, Table Gaming, Hotel, Retail, Food & Beverage and Credit strongly preferred. Must have through knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, Title 31 and applications as they apply to federal reporting guidelines.
- Adapt operations to accommodate new regulatory and marketing program changes.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service required.
- Knowledge of fiscal programming and budgeting processes necessary to manage and to ensure that budget constraints and program timelines are met.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read professional publications, industry magazines/ journals, newsletters and documents.
- Perform basic to intermediate mathematical computations.
- Protect the Company’s assets and value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited and or no supervision.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with executive, managerial and supervisory staff, employees and the general public.
- Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence to upper management as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic to intermediate skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Proactively be aware and resolve situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- May be required to travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing/maintaining professional and personal networks.
- Ensures assigned staff accurately prepares detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as needed.
- Continuously analyzes operations and recommends improvement, and effectively relates ideas for improvements while soliciting employee input.
- Ensures appropriate number of qualified employees are recruited and retained to ensure services offered exceed the expectations of external and internal guests.
- Responsible for the selection, training, retention and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May recognize, reward, discipline, promote, and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority.
- Ensures departmental staff is aware of standards and expectations through publicity around their enforcement and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Assist to develop and implement staff development plans for those employees who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to grow within the company.
- Investigates, evaluates information, makes decisions as needed and provides guidance/opinions regarding departmental operational matters, guest/employee disputes and/or employee disciplinary actions in accordance with authority and ensures those decisions are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and established controls.
- Ensures that all cage funds are reconciled and accounted for properly on a daily basis.
- Assists to develop and submits for approval of annual departmental operating budget and justification assessments.
- Monitors and ensures expenses remain within operational projections or approves variances as may be necessary to ensure departmental services are maintained or enhanced.
- Assist to provide timely and accurate analysis of departmental related statistics, analytical reports, and related operating expenses that will ensure the department functions in an effective, efficient, and profitable manner.
- Ability to be consistently mindful of successful reaching of department goals on casino floor with new member enrollment resulting in the acquisition of Club Osage members.
- Ability to spend quality time at the cage/Club Osage helping team reach and surpass goals
- Ability to stay current on casino promotions, special events and amenities with the ability to find and communicate information when necessary.
- Ability to be a team player and recognize the importance of helping the team succeed for the benefit of the company as it relates to successful individual performance.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl while performing duties.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
- Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
- Ability to lift upwards of 20 pounds. Ability to drag, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is typically performed within a Casino setting. Exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
- Regularly uses personal computer systems and/or other devices to effectively perform job functions.
- Employee may be exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands.
- Employee may be exposed to blood/bodily fluids, chemicals and/or hazardous material.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult people.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Oklahoma.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Osage Casino – Human Resources
1211 W 36th St N
Tulsa, OK 74127
Osage Casinos are the largest economic enterprise of the Osage Nation. Osage Casinos operate in Tulsa, Sand Springs, Bartlesville, Skiatook, Ponca City, Hominy and Pawhuska. Osage Casinos has 3,042 electronic games at 7 locations. Guests 18 and over are welcome.
Osage Casino – Tulsa is located at 36 Street North off the L.L. Tisdale Parkway. The tribe invested $160 million into the new facility which opened in August 2018. It features a 247,000 square-foot gaming floor with 1,500 electronic games and 16 table games. The resort also has a 141-room hotel with an event space, a 4,000 square-foot brewery, and a new parking garage. In addition, Osage Casino Tulsa has a 6,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment area with a 120,000-gallon pool, a fire pit, a poolside bar and a 15-person hot tub.
Osage Casino – Sand Springs is located at 301 Blackjack Drive, Sand Springs, and features 491 electronic games and video poker, with 16 flat screen TVs at TheBar sports bar. The café/restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Local, live entertainment is available at TheBar, Sand Springs, on Friday/Saturday at 8 p.m.
Osage Casino – Bartlesville is located at 222 Allen Road, and offers 449 electronic games, 6 table games. The property features a buffet, deli and NINE18 Bar. Local, live entertainment is available at NINE18Bar, on Friday/Saturday at 9 p.m.
Osage Casino Hotel – Skiatook is located at 5591 West Rogers Boulevard with 318 electronic games, a bar and Players Club. The Fiery Grille restaurant opens at 11 a.m. daily. The Tin Pint Bar features video poker, monthly drink specials and large screen TVs.
The 33-room hotel includes a fitness center, outdoor climate controlled pool with underwater speakers, hot tub, 2,500 square feet of meeting space. Hotel guests enjoy a free breakfast buffet.
The OC convenience store is open 24 hours, 7 days per week with 16 fueling stations, a beer cave and food.
Osage Casino Hotel – Ponca City is located at 6464 State Highway 60, offers 345 electronic games, 6 tables games and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. The Salted Fork restaurant seats 60 people. The CopperTap Bar has large screen TVs, video poker.
The 55-room hotel includes a fitness center, outdoor climate controlled pool with underwater speakers, hot tub, 2,500 square feet of meeting space. Hotel guests enjoy a free breakfast buffet.
The OC convenience store is open 24 hours, 7 days per week with 16 fueling stations, a beer cave and food.
Osage Casino – Hominy is located at 39 Deer Ave., a few miles north of Hominy and was the first casino opened under Osage Nation Gaming in 2002. The casino offers 204 electronic games. The Jackpot Bar &Grill serves food and beer. The casino is open 10 am – 2 am, Sunday-Tuesday; and 10 am – 4 am, Wednesday – Saturday.
Osage Casino - Pawhuska is located at 2017 East 15th Street & Hwy 99. The casino offers 168 electronic games. Casino hours are 10 am – 2 a.m., Sunday – Wednesday and 10 am – 4 am, Thursday-Saturday.