Finance Director - Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel
59682 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel
Morton, Minnesota 56270
Mar 12, 2021
May 13, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Essential Job Functions
- Direct the development and establishment of policies, systems and procedures in order to assure the effectiveness of financial planning, reporting, management and controls.
- Develop and manage staff to provide support in all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and monitor all financial management and accounting systems, both manual and computerized, to satisfy reporting requirements, including cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet, budgeting, forecasting, lodge and retail accounting, etc.
- Analyze financial data, trends, forecasts, etc. and recommend appropriate action.
- Manage the materials management function, including purchasing, receiving, warehousing and internal distribution.
- Monitor operations for improvement opportunities for procedures, controls, profitability, etc.
- Investigate questionable occurrences to assure protection of assets and adequacy of controls.
- Assure organization is adequately prepared to meet timelines for all internal and external audits.
- Assure regulatory compliance with TICS, IRS and State Compact requirements.
- Lead finance team in accomplishing department and organizational goals.
- Analyze proposals to assure adherence to business strategy and return-on-investment criteria.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Experience and Qualifications
- Five years of experience in a gaming finance management position; preferably in a Native American casino.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Strong knowledge base of finance, accounting and compliance requirements of gaming industry.
- Ability to advise management regarding financial reporting and control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong policy-writing skills.
- Conversant in accounting, gaming and retail systems.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Possess a sensitivity to various cultures, including Native American cultures.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Able and willing to work any changes in scheduled hours as business and staff levels dictate.
- Serve as a credit to Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel, and encourage others to do the same.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Normal mobility throughout the facility.
As an employee of Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel, you may not offer, solicit or otherwise enter into any agreement or transaction for personal use or advancement with any vendor or potential vendor. There can be no conflict of interest between yourself and vendors or potential vendors.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position in its current state, management reserves the right to review the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergency situations, rush jobs, personnel changes, increased workload, etc.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel
39375 County Highway 24
P.O. Box 420
Morton, MN 56270
Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel is located in southwestern Minnesota, 110 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul. Jackpot Junction offers a 378 room hotel and 440,000 square feet of gambling action on two floors of gaming excitement. Jackpot offers over 1,200 of the latest video slot machines and 24 table games.
Food and beverage venues include Seasons Buffet, Dacotah Restaurant, Players Sports Bar & Grill, Circle Bar, Caribou Coffee, 2Go Food Express and the Wabasha Creek Restaurant.