Director of Operations - Tortoise Rock Casino
Director of Operations
Tortoise Rock Casino
Twentynine Palms, California 92277
Mar 01, 2021
Jun 30, 2021
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Casino to ensure all customers are given the proper service, and oversee all departments in the absence of the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Oversee and maintain integrity of gaming floor activities.
- Monitor the performance of Casino staff, ensuring productivity and adherence to Company policies and procedures, N.I.G.C. regulations, game protection, and the Gaming Commission standards.
- Oversee F&B operations and maintain proper health/sanitation standards.
- Assume administrative responsibility as assigned by General Manager.
- Perform override when needed. (MICS (n) cash out tickets).
- Must have knowledge of Casino Marketing concepts and procedures to ensure the highest level of service.
- Must understand and be able to apply and explain the Gaming Rules of Spotlight 29 Casino and Tortoise Rock Casino.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a high degree of stress tolerance during normal and peak periods.
- Ensure tracking of all hourly head counts.
- Oversee and maintain all casino related activities as MOD.
- Handle all customer disputes regarding any MOD Complaint’s.
- Report in writing to the GM any complaint or issues regarding the casino.
- Performs all duties required of the MOD as stated in the Policies and Procedures and System of Internal Controls including, but not limited to, signing forms and approving gaming transactions.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplish related results as required.
- Works closely with casino and resorts departments to provide input and feedback in ensuring optimal casino performance, as well as developing innovative and creative services to meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Regularly attends meetings as directed by the General Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
To oversee the property performance, reports, employees, schedules of the employees and special event/marketing strategies.
Education and Experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in the hospitality field preferred.
- One-year related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Information
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Tortoise Rock Casino
73829 Baseline Road
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members. The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents and the casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Be Part of The Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians. As an employer, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, and much more.