General Manager - Treasure Island Resort & Casino
59657 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Welch, Minnesota 55089
Oct 05, 2021
Nov 05, 2021
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
Under the direction of Tribal Council, the General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of, and accountability for the performance of all Treasure Island Resort & Casino functions. Responsible for a high level of guest service as described in your departments guest service standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to achieve profit objectives by assuming responsibility for business operations, and profit and losses of all divisions
- Ensure policies/procedures are used to maximize guest satisfaction and increased player action and traffic flow
- Submit a prioritized capital outlay budget with justification for approval by the Tribal Council
- Supervise the coordination and development of statistical data such as departmental budgets and gaming trends
- Evaluate the data and make proactive suggestions to the Tribal Council on altering business operations for improved performance
- Monitor gaming rules, laws and trends nationally to ensure policies/procedures and internal controls are current and are followed
- Establish and carry out necessary controls and communications to meet high standards pertaining to team member morale, attitude, appearance, friendliness and courtesy
- Set guest service standards such as guest comps, credit and table games limits
- Set policies associated with special event invitations
- Approve purchases of materials and supplies
- Approve special expenditures, expense accounts, local donations and sign contracts within the limits of authority
- Conduct meetings with Tribal Council and Division Directors
- Ensure an effective system of communication to maintain a constant flow of information downward, upward and laterally; Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, MICS, SICM and requirements of Gaming Compact and Gaming Commission
- Coordinate and assist the Tribal Council in short and long range planning changes
- Establish and maintain favorable relationships with guests, civic, government, industry and similar organizations or individuals to promote and foster goodwill
- Represent the facilities externally to business, community, and political leaders
- Ensure that all departments have competent personnel who are delegated authority, are compensated commensurate with ability and responsibility, are provided with well-defined and understood lines of authority, and are continually being developed for greater achievement
- Authority to hire, promote/demote, fire, suspend, or discipline the Division Management to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures, internal controls, Federal laws, rules and regulations
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Knowledge and Certification
- 4-year degree in Business Administration or related field and 10 years Executive Gaming Management experience; or comparable education / work experience to include a 10 years Executive Gaming Management including a casino / hotel resort complex
- Proven Executive Gaming Management experience including a thorough knowledge of Hospitality, Marketing, Gaming, and Regulations specifically applicable to Gaming
- Knowledge of Indian gaming rules, operational procedures, “high roller” development, and computer modeling software as it relates to guest databases and gaming spreadsheets
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Windows XP
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced strategic planning skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to develop and implement standard operating procedures
- Ability to augment and implement business plans
- Ability to manage property budget and control labor and expenses
- Ability to serve both internal and external customers
- Ability to follow established dress code policies and practice good personal hygiene
- Any position-related training as determined by Tribal Council
- Must be able to walk and / or stand and sit for long periods throughout the day
- Must have a good sense of balance, and be able to bend and kneel and stoop
- Must be able to reach and twist occasionally
- Must be able to push, pull and grasp objects routinely
- Must have the ability to independently lift up to 15 pounds infrequently
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions
- Must have good eye hand coordination
- Work is performed primarily in administration building but may include going onto the gaming floor, which includes flashing lights, frequent loud noises and cigarette smoke, and outdoors for guest and team member events
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile individuals
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be directed to our Career Page where you must complete our Employment Application to be considered.
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
5734 Sturgeon Lake Road
Welch, MN 55089
Treasure Island Resort & Casino is located in the Mississippi River Valley in southeastern Minnesota just minutes from the historic river town of Red Wing and less than 35 minutes south of the Minneapolis/Saint Paul International Airport.
The property is owned by the Prairie Island Indian Community and features over 2,200 slot machines, 42 Class II & Class III table games, including blackjack, Three Card Poker, High Card Flush, Lucky Lucky, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, EZ Baccarat, Fortune Pai Gow, 21+3 Blackjack and Crazy 4 Poker. The property also features a Poker Room, a 500 seat Island Bingo room and pull tab sales.
Treasure Island has an 800 room hotel, 7 restaurants, 6 cocktail lounges, and over 50,000 square feet of banquet facilities. Restaurants include Tado Steakhouse, Currents Restaurant, Tradewinds Buffet, Mongo Bay Grill, Prime Thyme Sub Shop, Xtreme' Cafe, and Island Perk.
Another exciting aspect is the Family Fun Center, which allows Treasure Island to be a truly unique family friendly entertainment destination. The center features a 24-lane Brunswick™ Bowling Alley, separate party rooms, snack bar, arcade, and lounge area. A 40,000 square foot Water Park with 2 Water-slides, Lazy River, Zero Entry Pool, Swim-up Bar and 2 whirlpools.
The Island has become the Midwest's tropical getaway, featuring nationally acclaimed entertainment, a marina, Spirit of the Water, a 120-passenger luxury cruise boat and an RV park.
With over 1,500 Team Members, Treasure Island Resort & Casino is the largest employer in Goodhue County.