Compliance Audit Specialist, Office of Chief Physical Security - San Manuel Casino
Compliance Audit Specialist, Office of Chief Physical Security
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 04, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of Compliance Audit, the Compliance Audit Specialist assist in ensuring that the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Emergency Services (ES), under the Office of the CPSO, is adhering to any internal, federal, and state regulations relevant to the enterprise. The individual selected for this role is also responsible for the design, development, implementation and enforcing Internal Audit (IA) plans and recommendations. The Compliance Audit Specialist follows the guidance and direction of the Manager of Compliance Audit to follow red teaming methods and activities in order to achieve deliverables and reduce overall risk to the enterprise. The Compliance Audit Specialist also provides solutions and works independently on compliance related activities and special projects as assigned. Must also maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Compliance Audit Specialist also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists in the designs and development of programs, policies, and practices to ensure enterprise alignment and compliance with internal, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
2. Supports the Manager of Compliance Audit in the implementation, compilation, and preparation or maintenance of internal audit activities, such as the Annual Audit risk assessments, management actions plans, training initiatives, IA performance metrics, and regulatory requests.
3. Performs the internal audit measures in building, maintaining, and continuously improving the IA unit to help the leadership in the development of red teaming methods and activities within and across the enterprise, to include (but not limited to) the areas of security operations, public health and health screening operations, fire mitigation and operations, business continuity, and information security.
4. Provides solutions and conducts independent research on potential areas of interest, high priority, or high impact.
5. Tracks relevant laws and regulations and updates necessary operating manuals and procedural documents per schedule.
6. Conducts scheduled audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards, in addition to administering the control systems to prevent and or address violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
7. Revises procedures and reports to identify hidden risk by conducting internal investigations on irregularities and errors.
8. Responsible for developing data analytics, generating reports, and presenting recommendations to management that are useful for corrective measures.
9. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies in order to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressive Auditing/ Continuous Improvement/ Operations experience.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
This position requires an individual with highly developed maturity and impeccable communication skills.
Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with the law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!