Big Als Diner Kitchen Supervisor - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Big Als Diner Kitchen Supervisor
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Mar 03, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
Kitchen Supervisor works with the Sous Chef to manage daily kitchen activities in multiple outlet's. This will include overseeing staff, training Staff ,aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead team in accordance with Oaklawn policies and document any staff issues that do not align with policies (i.e. attendance, behavior, and attitude)
- Assist in department inventory procedures with accountability for checking incoming orders and deliveries, communicating effectively with vendors, and notifying appropriate person if there are any delivery issues or inconsistencies
- Conduct daily shift line checks of kitchen to ensure execution of prep work is accurate, complete, and in accordance with food safety and sanitation regulations
- Responsible for proper and accurate labeling with date on all food containers to monitor freshness of all food and ensure first-in, first-out organization in walk-ins and low-boys in accordance with food safety and Sanitation regulations
- Ensure preparation of all meals in compliance with standardized recipes and portion volume, assisting team members during service times.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment, communicating any repairs needed
- Work with team to ensure proper order pacing and timely execution of food by kitchen teams so guest receives food at same time and per service standards
- Assist Chef in preparing daily prep list and oversee execution by kitchen teams
- Create specials for the kitchen, working with Executive Chef and/or team on flavor profile, food cost, and presentation.
- Provide direction, coaching, and leadership for all cooks and kitchen team members on a daily basis including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures
- Develops and produces menu items as listed in each restaurant. Follows all prep lists and ensure kitchens are stocked and ready for service.
- Responsible for maintaining of cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory.
- Demonstrate, train, assess, and provide feedback to new hires on proper preparation of food items
- Educate and serve as point person for team on menu knowledge, allergens, specials, and promotions
- Works with Chef to proactively communicate staffing needs and implement development plans for current team members
- Interview and hire, in collaboration with Executive Chef, all kitchen positions to maintain appropriate staffing par levels
- Responsible for establishing and communicating goals and opportunities to Executive Chef, Director of Food and Beverage and the VP of Hospitality on a regular basis
- Effectively manage department budgets, in collaboration with Executive Chef, including forecasting
- Organize and lead team meetings to communicate updates, motivate team, and provide a constructive forum for feedback and concerns
- Create and post weekly schedule two weeks in advance, considering restaurant needs and PTO requests and ensuring staffing coverage when there are call-outs and for mandatory breaks during shift
- Promote positive public/team member relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Communicate with members of management and line team members daily regarding job requirements, expectations and outstanding issues.
- Creates and maintains relationships with sponsors and vendors
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and earns respect from others; makes good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values and standards
- Evaluates and adapts the organizational units, jobs and processes to best fit business needs and/or support the goals of the business
- Follows Purchasing/PO policies and procedures
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Regular Punctual Attendance
- Ability to work required overtime
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends
- Must be a team player and maintain a professional, positive attitude and lead by example
- Flexible and adaptable to work in changing environment
- Excellent Communication skills both oral and written
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Strong problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrated history of culinary excellence
- 2+ years culinary experience in multiple venues, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years previous supervisory experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. • Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels
- Must be able to work in kitchen environment with high heat, steam and moisture
Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting, driver's and credit check.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?