SOX IT Auditor - Bally's Corporation
SOX IT Auditor
Lincoln, Rhode Island 02865
Feb 18, 2021
May 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The SOX IT Auditor is focused on leading information technology (IT) general controls testing support for both Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and non-SOX environments. The SOX IT Auditor will develop and execute the SOX IT key control testing plan, which may include but is not limited to system development frameworks and standards, operating policies and procedures, system security and programming, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As an IT Auditor, your responsibilities include:
- Complete annual IT SOX audit plan within assigned deadlines.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of business risks, controls, and testing methodologies as they related to auditing of IT SOX controls.
- Review key IT controls based on Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program requirements and discuss related testing approaches with Internal Audit and SOX Audit management.
- Execute IT general controls and application controls testing including System and Organization Controls (SOC) Reports at all in-scope properties in support of the SOX compliance program.
- Develop and execute testing of key SOX reports.
- Work with departmental management to design and implement spreadsheet testing used in the execution of key controls.
- Perform IT internal control and business process walkthroughs to evaluate the design effectiveness of general and automated IT controls.
- Identify internal control deficiencies, inadequate documentation/evidence, and other irregularities.
- Analyze potential financial statement exposure as it relates to IT control deficiencies.
- Follow-up on control deficiencies and gaps identified through IT assessments to ensure that management has taken corrective action. Perform remediation testing as applicable.
- Perform IT application and control assessments for new in-scope applications/processes to identify controls to be tested.
- Assist management in updating current process documentation over internal controls and actively partner with management to ensure controls are in place to address key IT risks.
- Track and maintain evidence request list items.
- Prepare high-quality, well documented work papers to ensure consistency between test objectives, evidence obtained, and test results, in accordance with department standards.
- Work with the Sr. SOX Business Analyst to implement and maintain SOX IT narratives, RCMS, test plans and supporting documentation into the SOX tool.
- Keep the SOX Audit Manager apprised of the testing status and escalate exceptions/key issues for review.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of compliance guidelines, interpretations, and standards.
- Assist team members in various internal audit projects as applicable.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organization Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strategic Thinking
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems, required. A concentration in Information Technology, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in IT audit, or other relevant areas, required. Relevant certificates or license indicating knowledge of internal controls/internal audit concepts (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.), preferred.
- 2+ years of experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT processes and controls over financial and operational functions.
- Strong understanding of control procedures, frameworks, risk assessment practices.
- Experience designing and implementing SOX/IT Controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with external auditors and being the point of contact for addressing IT SOX related questions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- SQL, UNIX, Windows skills preferred.
- ACL, IDEA, and/or other analytical software skills preferred.
- Oracle, Hyperion, and other ERP software skills preferred.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."