Java Host / Cashier- Convenience Store - Agua Caliente Casinos
Java Host / Cashier- Convenience Store
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Feb 16, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Job Description Summary
Lead Host/Cashier are expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Lead Host/Cashier is generally the first employee that guests encounter so it is imperative that they greet all guests with a warm/genuine smile and welcome. Employees must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to internal controls. This job ensures service standards are met and surpassed by providing customers with prompt, quality coffee selection, purchase, and preparation. Customers and employees will experience a friendly, upbeat and clean atmosphere.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- 6 months related experience preferred.
- Possess a Riverside County Department of Environmental Health Food Handlers Certificate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Prepares a variety of food and beverage orders.
- Operates a cash register/POS system, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established internal controls; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
- Assures F&B areas are maintained in accordance with company standards, as well as all applicable regulations.
- Remains up-to-date on property events and hours of operation for all F&B outlets.
- May be assigned to Food & Beverage work stations of the casino and/or hotel.
- Provide excellent guest service to both guests and internal clients.
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and the AC System of Internal Controls, and Standard Operating Procedures.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Access to Sensitive Areas and Information
As per the ACGC Access Matrix
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must me able to stand, move and work throughout the property, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and standing for extended periods of time. Also, may be subjected to a smoke-filled environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
Salary: $14.50 Hourly
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Agua Caliente Casinos
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs • Cathedral City, CA
Agua Caliente Casinos are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Agua Caliente Cathedral City is slated to open in the fall of 2020. The gaming floor will have 536 slot machines and 8 table games. The casino features several food and beverage venues, 360 Sports Cathedral City, Café One Eleven, and the classic coffee-house, Java Caliente which is open 24 hours a day.
The Agave Caliente Tequila Bar, which is attached to the 12,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment pavilion known as Agua Caliente Pavilion, overlooks the mountainous desert landscape. The Pavilion will host reoccurring live entertainment and events, and can be reserved year-round for private parties, weddings, charitable functions, etc.