Gaming Technician (Slots) - Miami Valley Gaming
Gaming Technician (Slots)
Miami Valley Gaming
Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Mar 26, 2021
Apr 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Gaming Technician is responsible for repairing, maintaining, and monitoring the operation of assigned electronic gaming devices. This position participates in movement of any gaming related equipment.
- Repair and maintain gaming related equipment on the gaming floor.
- Repair and maintain gaming related equipment in the gaming shop.
- Participate in installation, movement, conversions, and removal of gaming related equipment.
- Maintain proper gaming logs in order to comply with state or internal regulations.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and associates.
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Follows 4KE GuestPath Universal Service Standards, Operational Service Standards, and SERVE expectations at all times.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
Standards of Performance
- Ability to think logically
- Ability to make judgments and decisions regarding guest and associate complaints
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public and staff
- Knowledge of gaming operations, federal and state reporting requirements
- Knowledge of all VLT and gaming operations
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and levels of stress
- Maintaining a professional working relationship among all personnel
- Knowledge of state gaming laws and regulations
- Fundamental oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, FBMS.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- One year of customer service experience in the gaming industry is preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Ability to handle basic math computation and handle large sums of money accurately.
- Ability to obtain a valid gaming license.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Associate must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is predominately walking and standing; frequently uses the stairs or elevators; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, color coordination, and ability to adjust focus. The associate may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. All associates are under surveillance (and audio surveillance in limited areas). Performance may be observed and recorded.
Salary Range: $13.00 – $18.60 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. You may also submit a resume/cover letter using the Email Employer button.
Miami Valley Gaming
6000 State Route 63
Lebanon, OH 45036
Phone: (502) 636-4400
Miami Valley Gaming is a racino located in Lebanon, Ohio (midway between Cincinnati and Dayton).
It features a 186,000-square-foot gaming facility with over 1,900 video gaming machines, a modern simulcast center with races from around the country, and a 5/8-mile harness racetrack with a 14,600 square-foot indoor grandstand that accommodates more than 1,000 racing fans and can double as an event center.
Dining options include Cin City Sea & Steak, MV Perks, Acres Seasonal Buffet,and Trifecta Eatery. Miami Valley Gaming also features 2 bars: 1803 and Center Bar.