Director of Finance (Vicksburg) - Bally's Corporation
59004 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director of Finance (Vicksburg)
Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180
Feb 10, 2021
May 07, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Director of Finance plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of all finance functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an” at will” employment relationship.
- Provides excellent quality of customer service to co-workers and guests.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards, and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to execute the plan upon review and approval from corporate headquarters.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements, and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required by corporate headquarters.
- Forecasts short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Monitors credit and collection applications.
- Provides other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Establishes and implements a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of the business plan as approved by corporate headquarters.
- Executes cash disbursements for payment of corporate and divisional expenditures in accordance with disbursement policies as approved by corporate headquarters.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements. Prepares all corresponding detail reports as required or requested.
- Coordinates, reviews, and responds to all internal and external audits.
- Works with other directors, department managers and supervisors on a regular basis to ensure enforcement and adherence to company policies and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance to the policies of local, state, and federal regulations.
- Keeps the General Manager informed of the division’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Prepares data for the department operating budgets and takes action on budget variance items.
- Approves complimentaries in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains and submits required departmental reports to the General Manager.
- Reviews the work activities of subordinate employees to ensure that work is being performed within the standards established by management.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of the department(s) as subject to established company policies.
- Reviews and approves department(s) invoices.
- Resolves work-related problems within the department(s).
- Resolves problems within the scope of authority and in accordance with State gaming regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in a timely, fair, and objective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers who supervise employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.); or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and/or corporate office.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong proficiency in Excel and Word required.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Must have or be able to obtain a Mississippi Gaming License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits and 401k program.
Relocation package will be discussed during the interview process.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO).
Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."