Financial Controller - Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Reno, Nevada 89595
Feb 08, 2021
Mar 09, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Financial Controller is responsible for all F & B and retail accounting and financial management. Managing the accounting, procurement and electronic data processing systems. Prepare all sales/use tax returns for City of Reno, Washoe County and State of Nevada. Provide the management team with meaningful and timely information on the status of the Food & Beverage’s performance. Assist proactively with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the company’s assets. Monitor and develop staff to minimize potential overtime and labor costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the accounting, procurement and electronic data processing systems.
- Prepare all sales/use tax returns for City of Reno, Washoe County and State of Nevada.
- Provide the management team with meaningful and timely information on the status of the Food & Beverage’s performance.
- Assist proactively with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the company’s assets.
- Monitor and develop staff to minimize potential overtime and labor costs.
- Monitor daily F & B and Retail audits in order to review employees work to ensure all audits meet company standards.
- Monitor exceptions to ensure problems do not develop into something large. Communicate with department heads to ensure proper follow-up resolution of all exceptions.
- Maintain proper and complete accounting records of these areas. Ensure that the accounts, records and transactions of are accurate and correct at all times.
- Prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports.
- Compile, together with other executives, budgets and forecasts covering all activities of these areas
- Ensure that the established controls and procedures in respect of the controller’s areas of responsibility are being complied with at all times.
- Ensure that the F & B and Retail’s computer systems and their software are fully utilized, well safeguarded and properly maintained. Implement future changes/additions to the electronic data processing systems of the hotel.
- Ensure that the hotel complies with the established credit and collection procedures, with particular attention to front office, group, wholesale, and meetings/banqueting processes.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Undergraduate degree in hospitality or business administration with a concentration in accounting required.
- Prior experience in a hotel/Food & Beverage accounting environment a plus.
- Must have basic math skills in order to compile tax returns, monitor compliance, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
Human Resources Office
2500 E. 2nd Street
Reno, NV 89595
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is in the heart of Reno/Tahoe, NV area. GSR features a 94,722 square foot casino with 1,310 gaming machines and 57 table and poker games, including Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps, Pai Gow Poker, Pai Gow Tiles, Poker, Roulette, and Three-Card Poker, as well as video poker, a William Hill Race and Sports Book, Keno, and bingo.
The property has two hotels with 1,989 rooms, 19 restaurants, 4 bars, 200,000 sq. ft. of convention & meeting space, a fitness center, health club/spa, arcade, driving range, 50-lane bowling center, indoor simulated golf, 30 retail shops, swimming pool, tennis court, ice rink, cinema, and a wedding chapel.
The Reno/Tahoe offers fantastic shopping and new residential developments canvassing the city limits and huddled against mountains that offer endless outdoor recreation and cradle magnificent Lake Tahoe. Reno/Tahoe offers an amazing mix of history and culture, world-class ski and golf resorts, a mild climate with four distinct seasons, and a diverse economy. Reno, Sparks and Lake Tahoe offer an economically sound setting with our low cost of living and with being one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
We offer competitive perks for our Grand Team!
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Coverage)
- 401K Retirement Benefits
- Vacation Pay
- RTC Bus Pass Discounts
- Referral Bonus Offered for Certain Positions
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Employee of the Year Recognition
- Employee Meals
- Free Employee Fitness Center
- Restaurant Discounts
- Discounted/Free Concert Tickets for Certain Shows
- 20% Off Everything on Property
- And much more…