Gaming Controller - Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
58928 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Reno, Nevada 89595
Feb 08, 2021
Mar 09, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Gaming Controller is responsible for the efficient performance of all casino finance functions, budget requirements and the preparation and control of all casino finance records and reports. This position functions as the Casino Controller for regulatory purposes in accordance with N.J.A.C. 19:45-1.1(b) 7.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Vision Statement: Become the region's most respected hospitality and gaming company
Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which we live and serve
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, County and City Regulations, as well as with company guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for the adequate control procedures to ensure record retention, both electronic and hard copies are maintained and accessible. Has responsibility for the accurate reporting and recording of casino revenue and statistics, on a monthly basis. Balance Sheet Reconciliation must be maintained monthly.
- Safeguards the company’s assets, cash and chip inventories.
- Maintains the company’s Internal Control System and other policies and procedures.
- Able to participate in or conduct meetings with Executive Management as needed
- Ensures the effective and efficient operation of all assigned areas with an emphasis on any aspect of the operation which will contribute to profitability and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Plans, develops and directs staffing and training of management staff and line level employees and ensures that each has a clear understanding of the department service requirements.
- Ensures that all guests receive excellent service from all employees thereby enhancing repeat business.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of casino accounting management required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- A thorough knowledge of the Nevada Gaming Control Board Regulations required.
- Experience with EDP systems required.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Lift, move, or carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Sit, walk, stand, (as required), push/pull, bend (at neck & waist), squat, kneel, and reach above/below shoulder level as required.
- Simple grasping, fine hand manipulation and repetitive use of the hands is required to complete essential functions.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Hotel facilities.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
Human Resources Office
2500 E. 2nd Street
Reno, NV 89595
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is in the heart of Reno/Tahoe, NV area. GSR features a 94,722 square foot casino with 1,310 gaming machines and 57 table and poker games, including Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps, Pai Gow Poker, Pai Gow Tiles, Poker, Roulette, and Three-Card Poker, as well as video poker, a William Hill Race and Sports Book, Keno, and bingo.
The property has two hotels with 1,989 rooms, 19 restaurants, 4 bars, 200,000 sq. ft. of convention & meeting space, a fitness center, health club/spa, arcade, driving range, 50-lane bowling center, indoor simulated golf, 30 retail shops, swimming pool, tennis court, ice rink, cinema, and a wedding chapel.
The Reno/Tahoe offers fantastic shopping and new residential developments canvassing the city limits and huddled against mountains that offer endless outdoor recreation and cradle magnificent Lake Tahoe. Reno/Tahoe offers an amazing mix of history and culture, world-class ski and golf resorts, a mild climate with four distinct seasons, and a diverse economy. Reno, Sparks and Lake Tahoe offer an economically sound setting with our low cost of living and with being one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
We offer competitive perks for our Grand Team!
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Coverage)
- 401K Retirement Benefits
- Vacation Pay
- RTC Bus Pass Discounts
- Referral Bonus Offered for Certain Positions
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Employee of the Year Recognition
- Employee Meals
- Free Employee Fitness Center
- Restaurant Discounts
- Discounted/Free Concert Tickets for Certain Shows
- 20% Off Everything on Property
- And much more…