Assistant Controller of Finance - San Manuel Casino
Assistant Controller of Finance
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 07, 2021
Apr 03, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the direction of the Controller of Finance, the Assistant Controller of Finance assists the Controller of Finance in directing the production of financial reports to help forecast the company’s financial state. The individual selected of this role assists the Controller of Finance in preparing financial statements and general ledger reconciliations in addition to helping in the annual budget process. The Assistant Controller of Finance will work with the Controller of Finance to create and evaluate internal accounting controls and policies to see if there are opportunities for improvement in the organization. The Assistant Controller of Finance will supervise the preparation of regulatory and governmental information forms and returns. Must also maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Assistant Controller of Finance also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages the General Ledger (GL) team in daily reporting transactions, month end reconciliation and close.
2. Assists the Controller of Finance with year-end budget preparation and review.
3. On a monthly basis, assist with preparing departmental and consolidated income statements and prepares an analysis of these statements to be discussed with the Controller of Finance.
4. Acts as main point of contact for interaction with internal and external auditors. Helps coordinates preliminary and year-end audits by external auditors.
5. Works with Controller of Finance in the preparation of all statutory requirements by preparing and filing all required reports, reviews and submits tax filings. Ensures compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
6. Prepares and updates financial models and forecasts. Assembles financial projection planning and control data by collecting, summarizing and consolidating data and recording variances.
7. Works with controller to develop and implement policies and procedures, short and long range goals, objective and plans that affect other departments.
8. Performs the vital responsibilities of the Controller of Finance and subordinate staff in the event of their absence.
9. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Possession of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) or more years of professional accounting experience is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Active CPA license is required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!