Floor Care Technician - San Manuel Casino
Floor Care Technician
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 07, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Environmental Services (EVS) Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining the standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the Casino of all areas that regular EVS is unable to reach or clean without the use of ladders or platforms more than 3 steps (High areas). EVS Utility Worker is responsible for the in-depth cleaning and maintenance of all carpets, floor care and all high cleaning which may require operation of equipment to complete projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional customer service to both our external and internal customers.
- Interact with guests by answering questions, providing information, greeting guests and assisting whenever possible.
- Displaying a positive and professional demeanor during interactions with fellow team members, external and internal guests.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of all high areas in the front and back of house Casino to include following the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard or San Manuel’s Exposure Control Plan for Blood-borne Pathogens.
- Responsible for the cleaning and proper operation of all EVS Equipment.
- Maintain all air vents for proper airflow.
- Maintain all floor care, carpet extraction and high cleaning throughout Casino including Food Venues, lounges, bars and etc.
- Wash high walls, ceilings, windows, door panels, sills, and woodwork.
- Maintain all informational signs, light fixtures, picture frames, TV Monitors, high decor free of dust.
- Perform floor care on terrazzo, VCT, marble, tile & etc. by removing/applying sealer or floor finish.
- Perform vacuuming, gum removal and carpet extraction of all common areas.
- Accountable for Cleanliness and overall condition of assigned area.
- Keep all chemicals in assigned areas with proper labels according to the SDS and ensure all cleaning materials/equipment are utilized per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Notify management of supplies needed or equipment requiring maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year EVS/Housekeeping experience required.
- Ability to use all necessary tools and equipment required to complete all duties and jobs.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines when using required chemicals, equipment, tools, and techniques while performing job duties.
- Must be capable of operating both walk behind/ride on cleaning equipment such as vacuums, steamers, buffers, extractors, scrubbers, aerial scissor lift, etc.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a consistent, regular attendance record.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Aerial Scissor Lift Certification required within 90 days of employment.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant walking and standing.
- Constant walking and standing.
- Constant High level working conditions.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity (with correction) to read equipment controls, computer terminals, printed materials, and operate other equipment.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities, guests, and employees.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
- Endurance sufficient to walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
- Primary work environment is in a climate - controlled setting.
- Flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!