Relief Manager, Cage Operations - San Manuel Casino
Relief Manager, Cage Operations
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Cage Operations Relief Manager is responsible and accountable for the operation of all cage activities in the absence of the Cage Operations Manager. The Relief Manager ensures the Cage Operations team follows the department’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures proper security and accountability of company funds is enforced by all subordinate employees.
- Maintains guidelines to sustain a highly energized culture, engaged and enthusiastic work environment.
- Oversees Cage Operations team to ensure they are in compliance with the “Title 31” regulations.
- Interfaces with other department’s management.
- Counsels, guides, and instructs assigned personnel in their proper execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Makes recommendations for improvements and/or changes to policies.
- Organizes and conducts meetings.
- Ensures compliance with safety requirements, Emergency Action Plan, and Business Continuity Plan.
- Distributes appropriate information, updates, or changes to the team.
- Assist in preparation of i-annual performance evaluations and reviews.
- Ensures cage reports are submitted to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates with vender and business partners to ensure equipment and services meet department standards.
- Ensures department compliance with San Manuel quality service standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years management or supervisory experience where responsibilities include direct management of fifteen or more employees with an emphasis on policy and procedure compliance, cash control and protection of assets and credit operations is required.
- Excellent communication, customer service, computer and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proven ability to train, direct and control subordinates.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!