Beverage Cart Server - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Beverage Cart Server
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Beverage Cart Server is responsible for providing friendly guest service and complimentary non-alcoholic beverage service to guests in the slot machine area and throughout the entire Casino floor, in an efficient manner and high volume capacity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain rotating schedule throughout the night; rotating specified sections such as designated machine areas, fill positions, and breakers. Sections encompass all slot machine areas including the first and second floors. Maintains a clean and sanitary beverage cart. Must be stocked with full pot of coffee and assorted complimentary beverages. Beverage carts must contain a variety of essentials: creamers, sugar packets, cups, cup lids, straws, stir sticks, napkins, and a trash can (w/liner).
2. Speaks to guests and team members in a welcoming manner with a responsive demeanor and smile at all times. Pushes prepared cart to the designated slot section on the Casino floor. Methodically maneuver the cart throughout the entire section calling out in a hospitable manner “Beverages, coffee, water.” Part of the rotating schedule will consist of a “fill” hour. During this hour, designated servers will consistently maintain sufficient amounts of complimentary beverages; including sodas, juices, coffee, and water. These beverages are used to stock the carts utilized by the Beverage Cart Servers who will be on the casino floor. In addition, these servers will also be responsible for assisting Bar Backs in keeping the “filling” stations clean and organized with all items necessary for cart service. The server who has the “fill” station for the last hour of the shift must fill and prepare drink carts for the on coming shift. The number of carts to be prepared will depend on the shift and volume of business. If beverage cart service is not going to be utilized on the next shift; all carts must be thoroughly washed and sanitized with the fill station fully cleaned and stocked. When a guest requests service, the server must ask in a cordial manner “How may I help you”. Complete the guests request and ask “would you like anything else”. The server must prepare all guests orders to their request.
3. Learn the fundamentals of the Point of Sale (P.O.S) system. Servers will be responsible for keeping a detailed and thorough account of all beverages that are given to guests. These drinks must be entered into the P.O.S system and saved so they can be closed by a supervisor or manager. Beverage Cart Servers are required to pay a gratuity to the Bar Back on shift. This gratuity will account for 15% of tips earned throughout the shift. Must notify immediate supervisor of any problems as they occur. This includes reporting any guest who appears to be intoxicated or under the age of 21.
4. Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and preparedness of immediate workspace and adjacent areas.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- One year related experience and/or training.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain Food Handlers Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!