Beverage Cart Server - San Manuel Casino
Beverage Cart Server
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 03, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Beverage Cart Server is responsible for providing friendly guest service and complimentary non-alcoholic beverage service to guests in the slot machine area and throughout the entire Casino floor, in an efficient manner and high volume capacity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain rotating schedule throughout the night; rotating specified sections such as designated machine areas, fill positions, and breakers. Sections encompass all slot machine areas including the first and second floors. Maintains a clean and sanitary beverage cart. Must be stocked with full pot of coffee and assorted complimentary beverages. Beverage carts must contain a variety of essentials: creamers, sugar packets, cups, cup lids, straws, stir sticks, napkins, and a trash can (w/liner).
2. Speaks to guests and team members in a welcoming manner with a responsive demeanor and smile at all times. Pushes prepared cart to the designated slot section on the Casino floor. Methodically maneuver the cart throughout the entire section calling out in a hospitable manner “Beverages, coffee, water.” Part of the rotating schedule will consist of a “fill” hour. During this hour, designated servers will consistently maintain sufficient amounts of complimentary beverages; including sodas, juices, coffee, and water. These beverages are used to stock the carts utilized by the Beverage Cart Servers who will be on the casino floor. In addition, these servers will also be responsible for assisting Bar Backs in keeping the “filling” stations clean and organized with all items necessary for cart service. The server who has the “fill” station for the last hour of the shift must fill and prepare drink carts for the on coming shift. The number of carts to be prepared will depend on the shift and volume of business. If beverage cart service is not going to be utilized on the next shift; all carts must be thoroughly washed and sanitized with the fill station fully cleaned and stocked. When a guest requests service, the server must ask in a cordial manner “How may I help you”. Complete the guests request and ask “would you like anything else”. The server must prepare all guests orders to their request.
3. Learn the fundamentals of the Point of Sale (P.O.S) system. Servers will be responsible for keeping a detailed and thorough account of all beverages that are given to guests. These drinks must be entered into the P.O.S system and saved so they can be closed by a supervisor or manager. Beverage Cart Servers are required to pay a gratuity to the Bar Back on shift. This gratuity will account for 15% of tips earned throughout the shift. Must notify immediate supervisor of any problems as they occur. This includes reporting any guest who appears to be intoxicated or under the age of 21.
4. Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and preparedness of immediate workspace and adjacent areas.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- One year related experience and/or training.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!