Project Manager, IT - San Manuel Casino
Project Manager, IT
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Apr 24, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, manage risk and oversee execution and delivery throughout its life cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute project management job responsibilities per established IT, PMO project management methodology.
- Work directly with project sponsors and stakeholders on the development, documentation and approval of formal business requirements to drive discovery and project execution requirements
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support enterprise goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop communication plan, including project status reporting, and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage vendors during project execution ensuring any committed and uncommitted labor is tracked and that any vendor tasks, milestones and deliverables are in alignment with our internal approved project plans.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Effectively, in concert with project team members, assess and manage risk, including mitigation planning.
- Work with resource managers during project resource planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) years prior experience as a Project Manager (IT Project Management preferred).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of educational requirement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
- ITIL (Foundation or higher) certification preferred, not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements gathering and development.
- Strong technical verbal and written communication skills with the ability to simplify terminology that a non-technical end user and/or senior executive can understand.
- Ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients as well as third-party service/product providers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical professionals, and a basic understanding of system architecture and software architecture.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!