Turquoise Premier Model - San Manuel Casino
Turquoise Premier Model
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 02, 2021
May 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Turquoise Premier Model will be responsible for elevating food and beverage hospitality and service by consistently performing to the expectations of a 4-Diamond quality standard primarily for The Vault venue. The Turquoise Premier Model will be responsible for providing accurate, efficient food & beverage service to all San Manuel Casino guests within the venue while providing a concierge like service, accommodating any and all needs of the guests. The incumbent will also serves as a public relations ambassador within the venue and other specialty venues throughout the casino. The Turquoise Premier Model will serve as a premier entertainer for special casino events and in-house modeling programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for creating the ultimate, memorable guest experience by providing exceptional service to every guest; interacts and entertains in an enthusiastic and engaging manner; initiates service consultations by asking questions to learn preferences, needs, and anticipates accompaniments (all while monitoring body language and nonverbal cues). Provides truly exemplary service to all guests, using an “Everything Matters” approach down to the smallest detail. Acts as an effective brand ambassador of the venue and Casino; markets all products offered to the targeted customer base using strong communication skills, and energetic interactions. Provides timely service, in a friendly courteous manner to all guests within the venue; greets guests and takes their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques, all done with a high sense of urgency. When providing service, is knowledgeable of all pricing and menu items, including but not limited to ingredients, allergens, preparation, and presentation to ensure all Food and Beverage offerings that the guest encounters are spectacular. Informs patrons of food and beverage specials as well as upcoming and ongoing promotions and events. Responsible for Food and Beverage descriptions to be presented in a manner that is vivid, detailed, and as to entice the guests’ senses.
2. Performs in a public relations capacity within The Vault and in other specialty venues throughout the Casino. Participates in modeling presentations and promotional programs as required, including, but not limited to: offsite events, community events, shows, and/or any San Manuel Casino or San Manuel Band of Mission Indian sponsored events.
3. Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30. Ensures all responsible Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), state and gaming policies are adhered to while serving alcohol. Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas. Maintains compliance with responsible vendors and food handling programs. Must pass service standards, food, liquor, wine, beer and alcohol awareness and point of sales tests with scores of 95% or better, before working solo shift: then must pass periodic quizzes and tests thereafter.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years training experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required.
- Minimum four (4) years food service industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office required. (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Must possess an understanding of food & beverage operations and its relation to the organization as a whole.
- Must be able to deal effectively with customers in a courteous and professional manner commanding positive results.
- Must be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing in English; bi-lingual preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be self-motivated and confident.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Trainer Level, Serv Safe Certification.
- Must obtain and maintain a current TIPS Trainer Certification.
- Will be the F&B Compliance Officer for all company mandatory training.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!