Banquet Manager - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Feb 01, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for marketing, selling and planning all aspects of catering, in-house banquet events and concerts. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the Hotel/Casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Banquet Manager is responsible for marketing, selling and planning all aspects of catering, in-house banquet events and concerts. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the Hotel/Casino. The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provides impeccable guest service to all guests
- Performs all related duties that include but are not limited to moving of tables, chairs, stages, serving guest requests as needed.
- Oversees the management of all catered events including food and beverages, equipment, and staffing.
- Develops and monitors budget and sales goals related to food and labor costs.
- Markets and sells catering services to potential internal and external clients; meets and consults with clients to inform of all services provided, and to establish the catering requirements of the events.
- Reviews production schedules and events to determine variety and quantity of foods to prepare.
- Coordinates with food service and building service personnel for food and beverage requirements, delivery and set-up of events, staffing, etc.
- Reviews scheduled event requests weekly to determine ordering needs; prepares requests for products and equipment to be ordered.
- Creates special event menus for a variety of clients.
- Develops and monitors budgets and sales goals related to food and labor costs; estimates daily and weekly production and inventory food requirements; coordinates inventory needs with menu forecasts.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the banquet area.
- Maintains food production records, reports, and department files as required.
- Follows established procedures and policies of the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality or related field required.
- Five years experience in catering or banquet industry required.
- Managerial experience required.
- Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card.
- Must be able to handle several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Guest Services team members.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke. The employee will be subjected to high heat, steam and moisture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?