Banquet Chef - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Feb 01, 2021
May 17, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The Banquet Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides leadership and direction to kitchen personnel including all cooks and dishwashers. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet banquet and special event specifications and quality. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the Hotel/Casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provides impeccable guest service to all guests
- Oversees all food storage preparation and production
- Ensures that the proper amounts of food have been prepared in accordance with the production sheets.
- Trains all line cook employees the skills required of their specific position, including but not limited to: the use and care of the equipment, the use of knives and other culinary tools.
- Supervises the production, preparation and presentation of all foods for the casino food outlets to ensure the quality, appearance and consistency of the product.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards of cafeteria, kitchen, and related work areas.
- Supervises methods of food preparation and cooking, portion size, and garnishing to ensure food is prepared in a prescribed manner and cost control measures are followed. Tests cooked foods through taste and smell and overall appearance.
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portion servings correctly.
- Ensures that kitchen, dish, and storage areas are clean and organized.
- Places food and supply orders as needed.
- Receives orders and verifies invoices and ensures quality and freshness of merchandise.
- Assists in the creation and planning of menus and ensures current guest satisfaction.
- Ensures optimum staffing levels by coordinating the schedules of the staff.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
- Ensures that all recipes, food preparations and presentations meet restaurant specifications and commitment to quality.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring labor and food costs to budgetary requirements.
- Ensures banquet functions are executed according to gaming, health, sanitation regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Instrumental in organizing an efficient flow of production. Checks all daily events, delegates and follows up.
- Maintains menus and food quality up to standards.
- Ensures the cooks prepare a variety of foods in quantities according to the menu and number of patrons to be served.
- Directs activities to one or more workers assisting with preparing and serving meals.
- Completes required daily financial tools and reports.
- Follows established procedures and policies of the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or related field required.
- Minimum of two years culinary cooking experience or six years culinary cooking experience in a multiple food venue environment required.
- One year in a supervisory capacity.
- High volume cooking experience required.
- Experience in banquet/catering operations required.
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety
- Must be able to handle several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Food & Beverage team members.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke. The employee will be subjected to high heat, steam and moisture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?