Hotel Valet Supervisor - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hotel Valet Supervisor
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Mar 30, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
Type of Position:
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The Valet Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day valet activities to ensure operational effectiveness. Communicates the strategic direction of the department to the team members. Provides day-to-day operational guidance while performing daily task. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the Hotel/Casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Provides high level of quality service standards in Valet department on applicable shift.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department.
- Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Assists Valet team members on applicable shift.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Reports guest complaints on applicable shift to manager.
- Responsible for reporting property damage or any problems to manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA standards are followed.
- Protects and preserves assets of the company.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Surveys parking lot to be aware of activities taking place outside in the parking areas for both guests and employee parking.
- Conducts shift meetings to inform employees of activities for that shift as well as upcoming promotions and floor activities.
- Provides feedback and observations about valet issues to ensure efficient and excellent valet
- Prepares required reports; completes all logs, documents and other required paperwork and forms accurately and timely.
- Ensures that Hotel vehicles are scheduled for maintenance and kept in good mechanical working order and that the vehicles are clean inside and outside.
- Provides Visual diagrams and creates parking plans for big event days, while working hand and hand with the guest services manager.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Valet team members.
- Must have the ability to operate a manual and automatic transmission automobile.
- Must be able to work outdoors subject to varying temperatures and conditions.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to physically perform job duties of all Valet team members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.
- Must successfully complete R.S.A.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Oaklawn Jockey Club.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke. Employee will work in various weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?