IT, Service Desk Analyst - San Manuel Casino
IT, Service Desk Analyst
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Mar 31, 2021
Aug 24, 2021
Type of Position:
The Service Desk Analyst provides the frontline customer support for technical issue resolution and connecting users with more complex IT requests to the right people who can resolve the incident. Responsibilities include initial assessment, research, and resolution of a variety of incidents and requests regarding the use of IT services, software, and hardware. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for collecting information through a customer contact either in person, by phone, or through electronic means, accessing support tools, escalating to additional support staff if needed, and then finally resolving the customer’s IT incident or request.
A Service Desk Analyst typically takes the initial question and manages hardware, software, or network issues. If needed, they will escalate to a Service Desk Analyst II or assign the ticket to a Field Support Analyst.
All levels of Service Desk Analyst are responsible for identifying, writing, and putting into practice Service Desk scripts, help aids and guides, and online solutions to common end user problems. All Service Desk Analyst roles will primarily be tasked with providing remote support. This can take a number of forms: over-the-phone support, screen sharing or remote control, live chat support or email support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Field incoming phone calls to the Service Desk in a professional & courteous way.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue in a IT ticket.
- Prioritize and escalate incidents to other IT team members as necessary.
- Respond to and manage IT Service Desk mailbox. Convert emails send by end users to Service Desk into tickets (Incidents or Requests).
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting and achieving quick First Call Resolution.
- Access knowledge bases and FAQ resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups and build relationships with various San Manuel departments. Develop knowledge base and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce service level agreements to manage end-user expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 2 years of related IT work experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Technical troubleshooting experience [documented ability to analyze and diagnose network, computer, and or telecom issues].
- Ability to solve technical problems, work well under stress, and follow instructions.
- Customer service and vendor management experience desirable.
- Experience working in Casino or Gaming industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure, Messaging, Security, and Mobility platforms desirable.
- Prefer CompTIA A+, Network+ Security+, MCP, CISSP, HDI SCA certifications.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!