Concessions Cashier - SEASONAL - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Concessions Cashier - SEASONAL
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Jan 24, 2021
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The food and beverage cashier is responsible for accurate order entry into point of sale system and accurately cashing out guest tickets. Responsible for accurate cash handling and register balancing at end of shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain accurate cash drawer
• Operates registers, scanners, and credit card terminals
• Validate coupons through our software
• Take payments
• Performs basic math functions to collect payments and distribute proper change
• Greets guests as soon as they walk through the door
• Thank guests for dining with us
• Maintain a neat, organized front of the house environment
• Assist with opening and closing tasks along with side work when needed
• Seat guests and take initial drink orders when needed
• Answer phones and schedule reservations with large parties
• May assist servers in bussing tables and overall cleanliness of the restaurant
• May be assigned to various venues throughout the property depending on business needs.
• May act as host/hostess as business needs dictate
• Cooperates and communicates with all fellow team members, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
• Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by participating in department meetings, huddles and reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
• Assists other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department.
• Upholds a Four Diamond & Four Star service model
• Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent guest service and communication skills
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and remain organized
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, discreetness and tact at all times
• Ability to deal effectively and interact well with team members and guests
• Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions.
• Ability to seek guidance when unsure
• Ability to work with interruptions and/or distractions
• 1+ years guest service experience
• 1+ years cash handling experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift
• Must be in good physical condition, position requires frequent physical labor including walking, standing, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching and carrying
• Ability to occasionally lift, carry, pull, push 25lbs., with or without assistance
• Intermittent exposure to outside elements, but primarily an indoor position.
• Ability to work in an environment with second hand smoke
• Ability to work a schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays
• Strict adherence to schedule and attendance policy
Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting, driver's and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?