Racing Dining Barback-SEASONAL - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Racing Dining Barback-SEASONAL
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Jan 24, 2021
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The barback is responsible for assisting the bartender(s) by performing tasks such as maintaining stocks, changing kegs, collecting empty glasses, maintaining the premises clean, ensuring there is plenty of clean glassware, and re-stocking ice etc. to ensure the bar is stocked and the bartender is able to ensure timely delivery of drink orders.
- Provide excellent guest service.
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent flow of services to guest and cocktail servers by assisting bartenders with their job functions.
- Ensures that dirty ashtrays and used glassware are removed from bar tops, bar area and floors are clean.
- Checks glass washers for proper chemicals.
- Maintains soap and hand towels at hand sink areas.
- Maintains par stock levels by placing orders for all bar supplies.
- Receives and delivers products to appropriate outlet and stocks in accordance to specification.
- Stocks and re-stocks bars throughout shift with all bar supplies, bar glasses and ice as required.
- Stocks server wells in accordance to specifications with all products and supplies required.
- Cuts fruit to specification and prepares all condiment caddies.
- Collects trash from all outlets throughout shift, as well as, wiping down walls behind trash container
- Distribute clean bar towels and collect soiled ones and discard them in the appropriate place.
- Collect all excess glasses from bars and restock them in there appropriate outlet in accordance to specification, along with retrieving bar glasses from dish areas.
- Organize and clean pump rooms, coolers and storage areas to specification.
- Sweep and mop pump room, coolers and storage area floors.
- Soak and clean soda bag-inbox hoses and nozzles.
- Replace and rotate draught beer kegs, liquor and soda bag-in-boxes as required.
- When assisting bartender with orders, make eye contact, offer a greeting and end the interaction in a courteous way
- Remains up-to-date on property events and hours of operation
- May be assigned to various venues throughout the property depending on business needs.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow team members, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by participating in department meetings, huddles and reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Assists other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department.
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Punctual attendance required
- Ability to work required overtime.
- Other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent guest service and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, discreetness and tact at all times
- Ability to deal effectively and interact well with team members and guests
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Ability to seek guidance when unsure
- Ability to work with interruptions and/or distractions
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. • Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment with moderate to loud noise levels
- Must be able to work in environment with heat, steam and moisture
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1+ years food service experience preferred
- 1+ years guest service experience
Must be able to obtain and maintain Arkansas State Licensing
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check that may include fingerprinting and credit check
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.
WE ARE GROWING! This is an exciting time to join the Oaklawn Family. We have broken ground on a $100 million expansion that includes 28,000 additional sq. ft. of gaming, a 200-room luxury hotel, pool, spa, fitness center, steakhouse, food court, event center, and so much more!
Oaklawn was founded in 1904 and is one of the top 5 thoroughbred tracks in the country, also home to the annual $1 million Arkansas Derby. We are the #1 tourist attraction in Arkansas and Hot Springs is the #1 tourist destination in the state. We hope you’ll join us. ARE YOU IN?