Prep Cook - Luk Fu - Philadelphia - Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia
Prep Cook - Luk Fu - Philadelphia
Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148
Jan 15, 2021
Mar 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Responsible for properly preparing and cooking all food items in a safe, timely, organized manner maintaining high quality of foods.
*PENDING PGCB APPROVAL*
Core Service Standards
· CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
· SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
· FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
· FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
· FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
· Be able to produce from standardized recipes.
· Be able to prepare, portion, and cook food accordingly.
· Ensures stations are prepared to meet anticipated levels of business for the day, assisting fellow staff when needed.
· Accomplish daily cleaning duties in an efficient manner following sanitation guidelines.
· Ability to properly handle high volume cooking and plating while maintaining consistent quality of food in a fast-paced environment.
· Work hands on with other kitchen personnel to ensure high quality of food, timeliness of food service, proper food handling, and a safe, sanitary kitchen.
· Follows all appropriate procedures and works under supervision of culinary management team.
· Abides by company and department specific appearance standards.
· Performs additional duties as assigned
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
· Must be able to work in smoke filled environments.
· Must be RAMP and Serv-Safe certified.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Standing up and moving about the kitchen in a safe and efficient manner.
· Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
. Ability to communicate in English and fluency in either Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese or Asian language is a plus.
· High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience in food service preferred.
· 24/7 operation requiring extended hours and the ability and willingness meet the applicant’s schedules when needed.
Casino is over 100,000 square feet and requires ability and energy to move about it with a true sense of urgency.
Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
Must be able to work in a smoke-filled environment.
· Ability to stand for long periods of times without sitting or leaning
· Ability to climb, bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels
· Use of going up and down stairs multiple times per day and elevators
24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 2000 employees
Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
You may occasionally work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia
900 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia, is a world-class gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment destination developed by Stadium Casino, RE, LLC, an affiliate of The Cordish Companies. Located in the heart of the South Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District, Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia sets a new standard for development in the City in the areas of economic opportunity and inclusivity for local residents.
The opening of the casino resort destination is transforming the Philadelphia Stadium Entertainment District into the only place in the country to experience big league action from four major professional sports teams, best-in-class dining and entertainment, and world-class gaming and hotel accommodations. Live! Casino and Hotel Philadelphia features more than 1.5 million square-feet of gaming, hotel, dining and entertainment space, 2,200 slots and electronic table games and 150+ live action table games, including Poker, a FanDuel Sportsbook, an upscale, 12-story, 200+ room hotel, a structured parking facility, plus dining and entertainment venues.