Gaming Technical Supervisor - San Manuel Casino
Gaming Technical Supervisor
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 14, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Gaming Technical Supervisor enforces and manages the regulation of all Class II and Class III gaming devices, associated equipment, and gaming systems. The Gaming Technical Supervisor monitors around-the-clock (24/7) operation of the SMTGC’s technical team to ensure the testing of technical specifications for all gaming devices, jackpot verifications, patron dispute investigations, and forensics testing for malfunctions are expeditiously completed with high-quality results.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic technical plan based on industry standards, trends, regulations, software testing requirements, preventative maintenance of logic areas, and advancements in technology to ensure the overall success of the technical team. This plan must meet the expectations of the Executive Director. Gaming Commissioner, the Tribe, and satisfy our regulatory responsibilities. Make staff assignments based on the technical plan; track the progress of the plan; provide technical assistance to technicians for compiling reports describing testing and inspection results.
- Develop technical standards for all Class II and Class III gaming devices, associated hardware, and gaming systems that ensure the integrity, security, and fairness of all gaming equipment in the SMBMI Jurisdiction. Review and prepare comments on proposed regulations or develop regulations as required.
- Enforce compliance with regulations and the internal control systems by issuing violations or seizing unapproved devices as supported by accurate reports. Track and follow up on unsatisfactory conditions to ensure the timely closure of violations through remediation, mitigation, or revocation.
- Monitor gaming device investigations, revocations, product notifications, and patterns of irregularities, constant machine tilts, or possible cheating scams. Ensure proper internal testing is performed and consult with engineers from test laboratories and manufacturers to make a determination on problematic technology.
- For new technology and software, research functions and controls for the technology to develop a regulatory framework prior to implementation, design internal processes, and work with the operation to find workable solutions to keep projects moving forward. The Gaming Technical Supervisor provides workable business solutions and regulatory guidance for new technology, systems, and new games.
- Schedule and manage three shifts to provide 24/7 assistance to work on gaming devices, swiftly perform jackpot verifications, and fairly investigate patron disputes. Monitor staff and the gaming floor to ensure gaming devices are not out of commercial operation unnecessarily due to the SMTGC. Find workable solutions to avoid revenue loss without compromising game integrity.
- Provide critical reviews of technical memos ensuring clarity, accuracy, and readability that adequately communicate the technical determination.
- Review gaming device shipments to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain technical policies and procedures to ensure the SMTGC is operating consistent with all regulatory standards; adapting workflow to keep up with advances in gaming technology and taking advantage of technological tools for testing.
- Motivate staff to perform work accurately and expeditiously to reduce impact on the casino operation.
- Maintain a professional work environment to facilitate a strong team atmosphere that maximizes efficiency, productivity, and constructive communication.
- Network and build mutually beneficial working relationships with outside agencies, including providing training and assistance to foster these relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future technology, industry standards, trends, and irregularities to make recommendations on game integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Engineering highly preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of gaming device experience, including troubleshooting, repair, configuration, gaming performance analysis, technical certification reviews, and performing technical investigations required.
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership experience with technical work required.
- Minimum four (4) years of backend gaming systems experience including slot accounting, monitoring tools, patron tracking, Ticket In/Ticket Out, and server based gaming is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and Outlook is required.
- Advanced Internet Research skills required; must be able to conduct Boolean searches, use hypertext references and evaluate the credibility of information sources.
- It is imperative that the Gaming Technical Supervisor not only understands technological advancements in gaming equipment, but also knows what questions to ask to ensure new technologies are utilized to their full potential while meeting all regulatory requirements.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier .
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!