Applications Specialist II - Kiowa Casino
Applications Specialist II
Devol, Oklahoma 73015
Jan 14, 2021
Feb 28, 2021
Type of Position:
The Applications Specialist II provides support for overall gaming, hospitality, point-of-sale, and other systems that support revenue generating services. Includes but not limited to workstations, servers, networks, hardware, and software. Install, configure, troubleshoot, backup, and maintain operating systems, application software, and related utilities to provide ongoing efficient and reliable systems operations. All duties to be performed within the guidelines of Kiowa Casinos' policies and procedures, internal control standards, and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- All Team Members must embrace and deliver Kiowa's Guest Service Standards to every Guest on every shift, as outline in Orientation, the Team Member Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and any other related training.
- Consistently ensures an exceptional level of service and satisfaction is achieved throughout the property, exceeding the expectations of external and internal Guests alike in a timely and effective manner.
- Handles day-to-day issues and service requests related to revenue generating gaming systems and their operation for clients and servers.
- Document, diagnose, monitor, track, and resolve problems while keeping management informed of status.
- Facilitates problem investigation and resolution with vendors when additional expertise is required.
- Oversees the daily performance monitoring of all revenue generating servers and services to ensure optimal performance while recognizing trends that may indicate potential problems.
- Install and maintain hardware and software including but not limited to peripherals, desktop PC, printers, kiosks, and client/server application software.
- Perform software upgrades and patches to applications and operating system software.
- Maintain installation documentation and processes.
- Maintain system user access (add, delete, and any other necessary changes) for all Team Members.
- Assist with major technology projects, lead minor technology projects.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on computer systems including but not limited to databases and server switchovers on a scheduled basis.
- Work with vendors during project deployments and support of new business initiatives.
- Complete all assigned projects on a timely basis.
- Learn additional software packages, modules, or operating system platforms as necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Manage daily tape backup operations across all gaming systems.
- Multitask complex problems and projects.
- Must have flexibility with schedule and be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays, including being on-call.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to departmental, organizational, state, and federal safety rules and regulations, applicable processes for safe operation, appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, in addition to any/all related controls for personal welfare and the safety of others.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field and 2 years of experience with supporting gaming systems, SQL or DB2 queries, or Unix-based operating systems (AIX and/or Redhat Preferred) or Associate's Degree in an IT related field and 4 years of experience with supporting gaming systems, SQL or DB2 queries, or Unix-based operating systems (AIX and/or Redhat Preferred) plus training or experience in network troubleshooting or 6 years of experience with supporting gaming systems, SQL or DB2 queries, or Unix-based operating systems (AIX and/or Redhat Preferred) plus training or experience in network troubleshooting
- Client and server virtualization experience with working knowledge of hypervisors (WMware, HyperV, Xenserver, PowerVM, etc.)
- Unix shell scripting (Korn, Perl, etc.)
- IBM iSeries and Pseries experience
- DBA experience
- Knowledge of gaming and revenue generating systems (Slot Accounting, POS, LMS)
- Strong computer skills with experience in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets (ability to demonstrate proficiency)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest service, interpersonal, and teamwork skills necessary to maintain quality service delivery
- Must be able to diagnose and solve complex problems in a high pressure environment, prioritize critical tasks and learn quickly, at times, during critical situations
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all departments
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of paperwork
- Ability to operate most office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc.)
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds daily
- Ability to analyze complex problems
- Ability to think logically and follow instructions
- Network fundamentals
While performing the duties of this position, the Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The Team Members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Office, gaming floor, and convention center environment, to include; flashing lights, frequent loud noises, and cigarette smoke. Extensive computer use. Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any hours and/or shift, as assigned, according to business needs. Occasionally must deal with angry or hostile Guests. High volume, direct public contact.
Salary Grade Minimum: $46,939.00
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume. You must also complete our Company Employment Application to be considered.
Kiowa Casino & Hotel
198131 Highway 36
Devol, OK 73527
Kiowa Casino, located in Devol, OK (just 15 minutes from Wichita Falls, TX off I-44), offers a wide array of popular slot machines, table games, buffet and savory steakhouse. Our new, modern hotel includes spacious guest rooms with amenities like 43” LED TV’s and Keurig coffee makers, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, fully-equipped business center, gift shop, fitness center, and much more.
Kiowa Casino Team Members (our most valuable asset) enjoy competitive salaries and quality benefits, including:
Generous PTO – Earn OVER THREE WEEKS of PTO the very first year | Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – Quality BC/BS coverage at a greatly reduced rate | FREE Life Insurance – $25,000 Life and AD&D coverage for add’l peace-of-mind | FREE Virtual Visits – Doctors via MDlive available 24/7 for non-emergencies | FREE Air Evacuation – Medical emergency? Fly to the nearest hospital, gratis | FREE EAP Services – 24/7 assistance for emotional, financial & legal issues | FREE Gym Membership – Utilize the Wichita Falls or Lawton YMCA for $0 | FREE Uniforms – Shirts, Pants & Alterations plus non-slip shoes, if required | FREE 401k Matching – If you contribute, we’ll pitch in an add’l percentage | Plus, FREE Meal & Snacks – At Red River (Devol), they’re on us every workday