Sr. Administrative Assistant, Public Safety - San Manuel Casino
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Public Safety
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 14, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Public Safety, the Senior Administrative Assistant (Sr. Admin.), is a position involving the performance of highly confidential and complex administrative functions. The Senior Admin. must exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in responding to requests for confidential information such as security reports, safety incidents and/or personnel records. The Sr. Admin. coordinates public relations activities, which may include frequent contact with the Business Committee (BC) and their designees, Tribal members, executives, department heads, and the general public. This position will perform a wide variety of professional level administrative support duties involving budgets, policies and procedures, contracts, and special projects. The employee will perform various complex, and sensitive duties in support of the DPS Senior Leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides high-level administrative support. This includes but not limited to: receives, reviews and disseminates information as appropriate to DPS. Ensures a highly efficient, customer service oriented work environment, which supports department and tribal values and objectives.
2. Maintains executive calendars for the CPSO and directors under the umbrella of Office of CPSO and DPS, plans and coordinates travel, department meetings and events promoting positive community relations with Tribal residents. Plans a variety of meetings and conferences, composes agendas, takes and distributes minutes as required.
3. Composes professional correspondence on a wide variety of matters. Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared by staff members for CPSO and/or approval for grammatical structure, errors, and consistency with administrative policy. Maintains and safeguards confidential records and information and uses discretion when processing sensitive information.
4. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in various workshops and industry-related associations in order to adapt best practices of modern business administration.
5. May assist in gathering data for department budgets in DPS by planning and scheduling current and new expenditures, ordering supplies and equipment, and working with Procurement. Completes transactions through Lawson Budget and Planning software.
6. Evaluates requests from department management for budget modifications, monetary reallocations throughout the fiscal year in such areas as, travel, facilities, systems and equipment.
7. Works with management team and staff to assist in maintaining Fusion for DPS. Assists department management with administration of personnel policies and the recruitment process as needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience.
- Ability to compose accurate reports, general business correspondence and/or basic instructional or procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of basic public administration principles, organizational behavior and development. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure such as strict deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of contract management, project management, and budgeting software.
- Must be able to type 45+ words per minute.
- Ability to understand and interpret pertinent Federal, State, and Tribal laws, codes and regulations.
- Ability to maintain and organize an advanced filing and record keeping system.
- Ability to effectively address issues involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!