Accounting Operational Compliance Specialist - San Manuel Casino
Accounting Operational Compliance Specialist
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 14, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
The Operational Compliance Specialist (OCS) performs reviews of programs, procedures, practices and processes to assess their quality and effectiveness. In addition, this role is responsible for making recommendations for improvements, assisting in the development of remediation plans, and forecasting future program needs. The Operational Compliance Specialist may also assist the responsible departments or parties in implementing remediation strategies and/or other recommended action plans. The Operational Compliance section of the Casino Accounting Department provides services Casino-wide to both gaming and non-gaming departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reviews implementation and efficiency of quality and control processes. Reviews changes to policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and segregation of duties. Plans, conducts, and monitors testing and inspection of processes to ensure quality output. Assures ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements in both gaming and non-gaming departments.
2. Prepares reports to communicate outcomes of operational compliance/quality assurance testing activities.
3. Evaluates external/internal audit and consulting firm findings or recommendations and develops plans for remediation. Identifies training needs and suggests training interventions to meet quality standards.
4. Coordinates and supports on-site audits conducted by external or internal providers.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 4 years working in the casino industry with at least 2 years experience performing consulting and audit work in gaming and non-gaming areas.
- Prior casino gaming regulator experience a plus.
- Experience in performing audits, reviews, and/or assessments under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) or similar standards required.
- Experience in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement and/or regulatory matters relating to the National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and/or OFAC matters required.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification or similar designations a plus.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!