Health Screening Manager - San Manuel Casino
Health Screening Manager
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 14, 2021
Jun 14, 2021
Type of Position:
Under supervision of the Director of Public Health and Medical Officer (Medical Officer), the Manager of Health Screening (Manager) is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of Health Screeners to perform COVID-19 or similar Influenza-like illnesses (ILI) screenings based on the latest CDC guidelines or other applicable standards. The Manager is an important health and safety role responsible for providing leadership and supervision over the screening of individuals who seek access to the Reservation or any Tribally-owned or operated property. The Manager must be able to soundly exercise discretion and judgement in health screening circumstances and diplomatically manage conflicts that could arise from health screening results. The Manager will oversee Health Screeners in their jobs to measure, monitor and administer health screening processes and protocols. This role will be the main point of contact amongst the Health Screening team to consult with San Manuel’s Public Health, Public Safety, other Emergency Services and Risk Management subject matter experts on health screening recommendations that promote the efficacy and efficiency of the screening processes. To be a good fit for this role, candidates should possess strong leadership skills, robust communication skills for instructing, troubleshooting, presenting and writing. The strongest candidates will be able to demonstrate analytic abilities, professional service skills, and a keen eye for detail and accuracy. The ideal candidate will be able to manage their team members under high volume and high demand circumstances with the ability to balance a helpful, service-oriented attitude and enforce rules with a friendly yet authoritative way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and oversee a team administering screening assessments on all persons to include, but may not be limited to, asking a series of health questions as well as performing and evaluating non-contact temperature checks while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Can organize information that is recorded and issued on daily access passes for all who successfully pass screening while denying access to those who do not successfully pass screening.
- Can effectively be the point of contact when circumstances require escalation from Health Screeners.
- Able to effectively enforce health screening rules as well as communicate health screening information and instruction with customers and team members.
- Capable of maintaining accurate, complete and legible screening records and reports for review.
- Can generate data and assess trends to improve the health screening process.
- Develop informational dashboards, daily briefing reports or spreadsheet analyses on health screening practices.
- Able to be the point of contact to assess, implement, plan, or evaluate health screening plans by working with other San Manuel departments responsible for Public Health, Safety Emergency Services and Risk Management.
- Capable of attending and passing continuous education for health screeners.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years supervisory experience managing teams in customer or team member services.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Certificate from Loma Linda University Health Screener Program.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification.
- Previous medical or patient care experience or education preferred.
- Experienced at providing reports and analyses of data including the creation of dashboards and metrics.
- Can deliver effective presentations, generate proposals for process improvement and distill complex matters into understandable proposals and solutions.
- Able to wear required PPE for entire shift (e.g. facemask, eye protection, medical gloves, etc.).
- Able to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Able to use and troubleshoot temperature-reading equipment.
- Possesses a pleasant personality with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to resolve conflicts in an empathetic, civil and professional manner.
- Uses appropriate discretion and works independently while maintaining protocol.
- Can quickly adapt to changing requirements and processes.
- Can accurately operate a two-way radio to communicate with the communications center.
- Able to maintain HIPAA compliance at all times.
Demonstrates pride in the entire facility by maintaining a clean, safe work environment for guests and co-workers. Consistently demonstrates personal ownership for cleanliness and maintaining exceptional housekeeping standards within the department, facility and all Tribal owned properties. Consistently demonstrates concern for personal safety and the safety of guests, vendors and other team members by immediately addressing or reporting all unsafe acts and/or conditions.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance carrier.
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certification preferred (San Manuel to provide training to incumbents).
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!