Compliance Technician Apprentice - San Manuel Casino
Compliance Technician Apprentice
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Gaming Technical Supervisor, the Compliance Technician Apprentice will serve as an entry-level position working and learning gaming technology including slot machines, shuffling devices, electronic table games devices, promotional kiosks and cash dispensing units. The Compliance Technician Apprentice will perform preventative maintenance, gaming software testing, software inventory, administrative functions, and act as alternate jackpot verifiers. Work in a supportive learning environment to develop skills and experience hands-on training to troubleshooting gaming technology, correctly configure and option games, conducting technical investigations into disputes over gaming technology, understanding of technical standards, and regulatory enforcement in the SMBMI’s jurisdiction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on the secured areas of gaming technology controlled by SMTGC. Adhere to the industry standard practices for electrostatic discharge.
- Uphold and fulfill the preventative maintenance program implemented by the SMTGC for controlled areas of gaming devices to ensure compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Conduct and perform the annual gaming software testing requirement and provide accurate regulatory documentation for audit purposes.
- Verify and maintain accurate database records.
- Produce and submit progress reports to Compliance Management and Lead Gaming Compliance Technicians to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Perform software authentication to validate that all gaming software is free from corruption; ensure all gaming software has been certified by a recognized certified test laboratory.
- Serve as a back-up to the Gaming Compliance Technicians I and II to verify jackpot winnings in excess of $100,000.
- Ability to learn and retain gaming technology knowledge, software compatibility, and platform functionality for all gaming products operating in the SMBMI Jurisdiction.
- Organize and file gaming machine paperwork to ensure it has been processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate software inventories ensuring that physical counts mirror database records; identify quantities, locations, program numbers and installations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Engineering, OR a minimum of one (1) year of hands-on experience in an IT, Gaming, Regulatory, or Engineering environment required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Experience in the gaming technology industry with technical skills is highly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in internet research mandatory.
- A+ or N+ certification preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!