Beverage Cashier - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 03, 2021
May 16, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Cashier is responsible for taking customer food orders, collecting payments and making change for customers and employees. The Cashier is also responsible for balancing opening and closing banks at the beginning and end of each shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures register area is kept clean and safe at all times. Ensures kitchen area is clean and appropriate items are stocked. Ensures equipment is in proper working order. Ensures all customers and team members pay for all food received. Responsible for cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas. Selects requested food items from the serving or storage area and assembles items on trays for the customer. Responsible to notify immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns
2. Receives and counts down opening banks for accuracy and proper breakdown of change. Counts down bank in drawer at end of each session, and assists in the cleanup of kitchen at the end of each session.
3. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Must have good basic mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
- Clean and proper work attire in accordance with company policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant and possess a good attitude.
- Must be able to provide good service to sometimes-difficult situations.
- Ability to cope in potentially stressful situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!