Table Games Dealer - San Manuel Casino
Table Games Dealer
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 25, 2021
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the Table Games Supervisor, the Table Games Dealer is responsible for dealing a variety of casino banking games in strict accordance with the rules of the respective games and the Table Games Department policies and procedures. The Table Games Dealer also plays an important role in providing highly professional customer service while interacting with San Manuel patrons.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides guests with a pleasant gaming experience by greeting, and behaving in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. Explains and interprets the rules of the games to patrons.
2. Adheres to Table Games policies, procedures and internal controls. Exchanges currency for gaming chips. Ensures all wagers are within the minimum and maximum table limits. Ensures all bets are placed in a proper manner before cards are dealt. Shuffles and deals cards in an efficient and proper manner. Handles chips with accuracy and speed. Displays all hands in a clear and easily readable manner. Pays winning bets and collects losing bets. Ensures the security and integrity of the game. Verifies currency and announces amounts of $20 or more before placing bills in the drop box. Calls for service or rulings as needed.
3. Verifies and deposits game related paperwork in the drop box. Passes on game related information to the incoming dealer.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certification from Table Games dealing school preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year live-game casino dealing experience preferred.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods without distraction.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable, punctual and cooperative with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all banking card games used in casino gaming.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Alertness/Attentiveness - Overall attentiveness in watching and/or monitoring the action across the entire table is appropriate for the position.
- Poker Dealer: Demonstrates skill and accuracy in making side pots and pushing the pots correctly and accurately.
- Banker Dealer: Demonstrates skill and accuracy in making correct collections and payouts.
- Job Knowledge - Understands established rules of play for all games. Understands and follows all required and/or established game rules and/or procedures.
- Job Performance - Demonstrated card handling skills and accuracy meet acceptable standards and are appropriate for the position. Chip handling skills and performance accuracy are appropriate for the position. Demonstrated performance regarding hands per hour dealt and pushing on time and appropriate for the position.
- Poker Dealer: Demonstrated skills at taking collections and jackpot drops are appropriate for the position.
- Professionalism - Consistently maintains a personable demeanor and professional image (grooming/appearance) when dealing/playing. Maintains a clean and functional table and works the table systematically and efficiently. Follows instructions and directions from supervision without hesitation. Properly acknowledges a customer when given a gratuity.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!