Office Administrator, Office of the General Manager - San Manuel Casino
Office Administrator, Office of the General Manager
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jan 07, 2021
Mar 23, 2021
Type of Position:
The Office Administrator, Office of the GM, provides high-level administrative and professional support to the General Manager. The position enhances the GM’s effectiveness through the execution of a variety of complex administrative duties requiring sensitivity, initiative and independent judgment.
The incumbent will support the management teams priorities, facilitating the development of relevant policies and actions. The Office Administrator will be responsible for performing a wide range of office support activities for the GA department directors to facilitate the efficient operation of the department.
Projecting a professional image through in-person and phone interaction, the Office Administrator will interact with internal and external customers, providing consistent and timely information to the GM and other executives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and processes business forms and documents such as check requests, memorandums, travel requests, requisitions, wire transfers, contracts, purchase orders, work orders, asset acquisition forms, etc.
- Designs, develops, and maintains spreadsheets requiring data interpretation and manipulation.
- Acts as liaison for any visitors to the office of the GM, contacts the party they need and escorts them to their location.
- Follows-up with management on pending information or requests.
- Drafts from dictation, notes, verbal instructions or independently, correspondence including memoranda, reports, letters, forms and presentations.
- Assists in the preparation of Entertainment Authority (EA) action items by copying and collating action item support materials, coordinating in-person presentation requirements with the office of the GM.
- Interacts with all levels within the Enterprise, including the CEO, BC, EA, General Manager, senior executives and department heads, Tribal Citizens, and professional and support staff as needed.
- Scheduling appointments as appropriate, organizing programs, coordinating participation in events and/or conferences, arranging for facilities and catering, and issuing information and invitations.
- Conducts and analyzes print and Internet research and prepares related materials and reports for review.
- Arranges and assists in planned meetings; prepares summaries of meetings and conferences as needed or directed.
- Receives and places calls, answering or directing inquiries as appropriate; provides routine factual information concerning procedures or functions.
- Maintains associates’ confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Coordinates travel arrangements as per internal protocols.
- Prepares, reproduces and distributes materials as necessary.
- Organizes and maintains executive files and other confidential records and databases through document retention systems.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence for the office of the GM; takes messages, redirects calls or provides information as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associates degree in Business Administration required. Bachelors degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive administrative support required. Experience having supported Director-level or C-Suite Executives is highly preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree requirement.
- Ability to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the Enterprise. Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, analyzing and resolving confidential, difficult and sensitive situations with grace, diplomacy and tact.
- Proactive and resourceful; Ability to work autonomously.
- Polished and professional demeanor in person, online and via phone with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong spelling and grammatical skills.
- Highly organized with strong strategic prioritization, planning and time management skills including ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround is essential.
- Strong computer skills with proven mastery of Microsoft Office Suite required. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must be adaptable to the varied schedule and changing priorities of the office of the GM.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class A Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!