Cook II - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Sous Chef, the Cook II (Advanced Line Cook) prepares cuisine items for guest consumption, utilizing only approved recipes. The Cook II is responsible for upholding directed cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management. This position maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards. The Cook II maintains a positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management, at all times. The Cook II operates in representation of the culinary team’s best in class culture, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintains designated workstation, ensuring that recipes remain consistent in flavor profiles, quality, and appearance and production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station. Ensures workstation is fully stocked for forecasted business flow; restock before end of shift.
2. Possesses advanced knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.), as well as cuisine specific food products for specialty food production. Possesses working knowledge of standard and specialty food equipment such as: Woks, Rotisseries, Smokers and Teppanyaki grills etc.; possesses advanced knife skills and ability to, sufficiently, perform all basic cooking method; ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
3. Possesses good understanding of the food rotation method “FIFO” and is responsible for labeling and dating all food items on their designated station as well as the kitchen as a whole; ensures all food items are within expiration dates or, if not, that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
4. Reports any injuries, accidents or possible unsafe work environment issues to management immediately when identified.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED and culinary arts degree from accredited school required.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in high-volume line cooking or production cooking in a full-service dining establishment or food service establishment with emphasis on a specialty cuisine menu production preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Capable of following procedures and taking direction.
- Possesses the ability to read recipes, production lists and any other necessary collateral paperwork, such as diagrams and logs, to be able to perform necessary duties.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!